Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried this? seems like it would damage the paint. suspect most of you are hand-washing your beloved Ody! thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use an automatic car wash, but it's the no-touch kind, i.e. strong jets of water blasting from holes along the length of a tubing. There are no tracks either, so there's no danger of wrecking the alignment.

I have taken the Ody through it just once so far. However, with some of you reporting paint problems, I will take a closer look to see if the strong jets are damaging the paint. I have used this car wash for many of my cars and have not had any problems, hopefully the Ody is no exception. Otherwise, I will have to hand wash it.

Hope you can find such a place over there.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I always use touchless car washes, and the only problem I've had is that they don't always dry the Ody off properly. Some of them use articulated dryers that hover about 1 foot above the paint and are held up by air pressure (they have rubber wheels in case they do come down). These driers can snag the antenna and make it snap back, but never so much that they hit paint or the windshield.

Mike

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ca12394:
I use an automatic car wash, but it's the no-touch kind, i.e. strong jets of water blasting from holes along the length of a tubing. There are no tracks either, so there's no danger of wrecking the alignment.

I have taken the Ody through it just once so far. However, with some of you reporting paint problems, I will take a closer look to see if the strong jets are damaging the paint. I have used this car wash for many of my cars and have not had any problems, hopefully the Ody is no exception. Otherwise, I will have to hand wash it.

Hope you can find such a place over there.
</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts