Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, she calls me a says "honey, I'll be home late, I wrecked the car" :nothappy:

Ok, I understand. But not after I did the timing belt, had new tires, fixed the sliding doors, changed motor mounts, replaced tranny filter( yeap, do it now). The Van ran GREAT, not a single issue ever.

Slight Dilemma
1. If the estimator says we'll give you cash for it, I personally want to get another Ody or keep this (see point 2).
2. My wife already talked to people to get it fixed (after we buy it back from the ins company) for 1/2 off what the dealer is asking to fix it (the type... I know people stuff, and they can fix it).

What suggestions do you have?
I'll take pics soon.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Get a new one. I'd rather have a new one than drive same old stuff that you knew was totalled.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not enough info. Need photos. Need numbers: what will insurance give you, what are repair estimates. It's too early in the process to know what to do.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not enough info. Need photos. Need numbers: what will insurance give you, what are repair estimates. It's too early in the process to know what to do.
Agreed! I can understand your aggravated, but thank god she is safe and alive. Cars can be replaced people not so much.

You can also present your receipts to the insurance company for additional compensation as well. Good luck with the situation and hope it all works out well for you and your family.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Photos. having difficulty uploading so...

2 decembrie 2011 | Facebook

Estimator has not been to see the car yet, and I agree is too early in the game but I wanna be ready will all scenarios possible. I like the idea of showing the receipts and getting a new one.
Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The van doesnt look to bad very fixable. Did the air bags deploy? What trim level and options does it have? I'd be interested in buying it from you. If you bought it back depending on trim & options.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No airbag deploy, EX-L with tow hitch, no DVD. I have not seen the a tranny cooler or a PS cooler so I am assuming the hitch was added later. The radiator is not even cracked, nothing is leaking surprisingly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just cosmetic! Definitely fixable for really cheap and probably just needs a lil pull to square the radiator support.

Navi? You keeping it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car was totaled :mad: and bought another 2002, this time with a DVD,as I already know how to do the maintenance on it. We hated to see it go because the Engine, tranny, and interior were in excellent shape, maybe somehow we'll get it back for parts. But it's all pretty much done and over with.

·
Registered
26 Posts
that was fast

I can't believe you already bought a new one! I personally upgrade to a newer model whenever my odyssey's get totaled. (Twice now) Glad to hear there was no injuries. There are lots of great ody's out there without any issues - so its not so big of a loss. They make more great ones every day! By the way, all insurance companies now charge you back for any claims you have, in the form of rate premiums. So the money they give you is actually more of a loan - you end up eating most of the cost of the accident unless the other party does. Did the insurance comapny assing any percentage blame to you?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did the same thing a couple years ago. Choice was getting a new one at $20k+, or a used-but-good-shape 2003 RES for under $10k. Went cheap, haven't regretted it since. Now call it the BattleVan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts