Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this article online today which says that Honda is recalling 273,000 vehicles for air bag issues, including the 2001-2003 Odyssey.

Honda Adds 273,000 Vehicles to Long-Running Air Bag Recall - NYTimes.com

I searched to see what we are supposed to do, but none of the articles I found actually provide that information. I also could not find any information from Honda itself.

Does anybody know when we can bring our Odysseys into the dealer for the repairs? Does anybody have more information on what Honda is going to do?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
If you own an applicable van, Honda will mail you a recall notice once the dealers have parts.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Yeah, notification will start on late December according to the Honda Media Newsroom. Also, I'm sure the VIN ranges and so will be posted somewhere in this section once available.

Honda is aware of several incidents related to this recall and expansions, and is announcing this further recall expansion to encourage all owners of included vehicles to take their vehicle to an authorized dealer as soon as they receive mailed notification from Honda. Notification to the expanded group of customers will begin in late December 2011.

Honda Media Newsroom - Headlines - Statement by American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Regarding Driver's Airbag Inflator Recall Expansion

·
Registered
457 Posts
As the media release says, check http://www.recalls.honda.com for US. For Canada go to Honda Vin Recalls. Plug in your VIN, and it'll tell you if you're affected.

Of course I'm not sure if those sites have been updated with the new data, seeing as this announcement was just released yesterday. You can always call a dealer if you want to be sure.

·
Registered
539 Posts
For the US you can also go to this Honda page and enter your VIN to see if your vehicle is affected (edit - same site as above, but the above link redirects to this one):

Honda Automobile Recall Information

1 - 5 of 5 Posts