Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 ex 130k. (much loved). A/C has quit cooling. Tried recharging freon, and it was a bit low, but now is good. Attached gauges to hi and low sides and both show same pressure, about 60psi. The compressor is running, and i can switch the clutch on and off by pulling the fuse, and when it engages the engine slows slightly under load, which is nice. However, none of the pipes get cool, which is not nice. My question is please, it SEEMS like the compressor is bad, but before i spend the $400+ on parts, anything else that could cause there to be no high pressure? The system is not leaking. thanks much. very much.

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
Pressure(s) alone is only a part of the equation. See this thread:

AC Question

OF

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much!. (I didn't think to search the 05+ forums threads...duh). OK it is in fact taking in freon slowly now. very very slowly. high side is running 250psi at 1500rpm, low is about 55psi. after 10minutes of trickling in freon it started to cool. but not much. I just feel there is an obstruction in the system, and as the high pressure line is very very hot, i dont think it can be a the dessicator, else there would be expansion there. So...IMO it would be the expansion valve contraption. Thanks much for your input, really appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts