Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are variants of my problem stated across the site, but I've not found any "silver bullet" answers, so here goes:

1. Vehicle is a 2011 Ody Touring Elite
2. Air Conditioner stops working entirely when the car is allowed to idle in 90+ degree temperatures.
3. Once underway, the A/C will "try" to resume blowing cold air 2 to 3 times and fail, but eventually get right back to ice-cold normalcy after about 3 minutes of driving at 30mph+

The practical implications of this problem are brutal:
-Unable to pre-cool the car on the hottest days when we need to pre-cool it for the kids
-Unable to pull over and, say, change a diaper without melting
-Unable to stop at drive-throughs or whatnot out of fear of the A/C pooping out

Do any of you other 2011/2012 owners have this issue? As (or more) important: Have you diagnosed and/or fixed it?

Melting in Chicago,
Mike

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Two things to check:

1. R134a pressure. You can buy a kit to check the pressure yourself.
Just read up on the procedure.

2. Unlikely to be "AC Stator" issue but read it up and get ready for it.
I posted some DIY info recently.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much cnn. I appreciate any and all advice as I work to educate myself ahead of my trip to troubleshoot with the dealer.

Anyone else have any info?

Thanks in advance all,
Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Closing the loop here to pay it forward. Hopefully someone finds this helpful.

Took the car back in to Valley Honda in Naperville IL today. Turned out that <gets notes> "Freon is leaking from low side line O-Ring between firewall and compressor Evac." Apparently they "Replaced O-Ring and Recharged. Test drove and vechicle passed test. No leaks found. Ac is again cold at idle."

Supposedly the lines were twisted in a way that got them plugged up and/or leaking. Hopefully this fix is in fact a fix. Here's hoping someone else finds this info helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts