Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that when I have AC thermostat set to lowest temp that fans goes to high and recirc light comes on. This makes sense, but I sure have a loud fan noise. Anyone else think the same? I'm not talking air noise going through vents, I mean almost like a drone from fan.

------------------
2002 EX-L NAV
1998 Accord LX

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have noticed that whenever the van is started and the climate control system has to "catch up," that the fan is loud, which is somewhat understandable, but the noises it makes make it sound like an old blower that is about to die. At first I thought it was just our van, but now it seems to be a common feature.
Eric
'02 GG EX-L 4100 Miles

P

·
0 Posts
Ditto.

And is it just me, or does the air that comes out smell like an Amtrak train?

Michelle

·
Registered
13 Posts
Could the noise be caused by the recirc door opening under the dash thus allowing the blower motor noise to more easily enter the passenger compartment? I found this to be the case on my civic. The smell I would assume is the same smell most people complain about "musty" caused by condesation on the a/c
unit allowing some microscopic molds to grow and the next time you turn on the fan you smell it till it dries out. Many manufacturers now recommend you run the fan for a few minutes agter the a/c has been on to dry it out and reduce the chance of mold.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If I recall correctly, there was an Acura TSB that read something like:

If the air coming out of the ventilation system smells like a locker room, spray tons of Lysol into the intake vents while the fan is running.

I never tried this. I was worried that the Lysol would melt the plastic of the ventilation system. Probably an unfounded concern.

P

·
0 Posts
It doesn't exactly stink...but it does remind me of the days when I was license-less and had to take the train to my dad's. Funny how smells work, I momentarialy spaz out when I get into my mom's Civic-reminds me of the time I tried to learn stick.

My mom doesn't smell it, maybe it's just me.

Michelle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts