Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone offer their opinion on the air deflector or full nose mask? Which looks better? More functional?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I prefer the full nose mask. It protects a larger area. My detail guy suggests I get one. I've heard that moisture underneath the mask is bad for the paint. I have to call him and ask that question.

[This message has been edited by jarcher (edited 11-09-2001).]

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a nose mask with my 97' maxima. I didn't like it. If there is any dirt gets under the mask. The rubbing between the mask and the hood could create a lot of scratches on the paint. Unless you clean your car very often, so think twice before adding the nose mask.

·
Registered
23 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gtse:
I had a nose mask with my 97' maxima. I didn't like it. If there is any dirt gets under the mask. The rubbing between the mask and the hood could create a lot of scratches on the paint. Unless you clean your car very often, so think twice before adding the nose mask. </font>

Has anyone ever tried using clear contact paper under their bras. I do this on my motorcycle to help protect the fairing in high dirt or abrassion areas and it works great. Does the bra scrape enough to actually wear through something like that?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have you looked into clear nose masks for the Odyssey? Someone else had mentioned them in a prior thread; I believe the product is from X-pel (http://www.xpel.com/paint/product.asp?make=Honda#P0208). In reading their instructions further, it seems that their product is actually "pasted" or adhered onto the hood and/or bumper. Has anyone ever tried it, and if so how well does it sit onto the car surface and would it cause any damage to the paint?

------------------
(o: Terry :eek:)
'02 GG EX-L RES
Splash guards, mod floor mats & cargo tray, soon-to-be TV tuner, soon-to-be Zaino

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have 3M on the front nose of my Porsche - It works well to stop rock chips from hood - but expensive to purchase at dealership - there is a website that sells this for our ody's - just have to find and i'll post

1 - 6 of 6 Posts