Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
I have a Weathertech deflector, but haven't run it through a carwash yet. I like to hand wash mine. The deflector won't be affected by a brushless carwash. That's the only type you should use. NEVER use an old style brush carwash. That'l scratch the heck out of your pretty Ody.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
I have a Weathertech deflector, but haven't run it through a carwash yet. I like to hand wash mine. The deflector won't be affected by a brushless carwash. That's the only type you should use. NEVER use an old style brush carwash. That'l scratch the heck out of your pretty Ody.
</font>
I vaguely remember a post about six months ago about by someone who had his front wind/bug deflector blown off his Ody in a car wash. Can't find the post now, though.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maugham:
I vaguely remember a post about six months ago about by someone who had his front wind/bug deflector blown off his Ody in a car wash. Can't find the post now, though.</font>
Ah, let me add that I screwed mine to the hood as well as used the double sided tape. The screws were included in the kit.

One note on installation ... aligning the thing was mildly frustrating. I had to reposition it once and popping the tape off was a pain.

Also, The top edge of the driver side was closer to the hood than the passenger side. I fixed that by heating it with a heat gun for a few seconds while I pulled up on it. It looks perfect now. You could stuff a rag underneath the low side and let the Ody sit in the sun for an afternoon to get the same effect.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts