Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys. I have searched and can not find my answer. I'm wanting to bag my ody. 2013 touring. I want to know of the cons for daily driving

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I don't think there are any. I just bought a 2015 EX-L to replace my 2002 that has had airbags for over 10 years. I miss them and want them in my 2015 as soon as I can afford it.
I used (And plan to use) Airlift 1000. I had them installed with individual schrader valves. (The kit comes with two valves and a T fitting, so you have a choice. It was the opinion of long time users of the airbags that individual lines were best. Compression on one bag does not overinflated the other. I do not Tow, but do carry a lot of tools. The instructions are to inflate to 35 lbs, load up and let out air until the van is level. I have been keeping them at 18lbs. They hold air quite well, as I am very neglectful in checking them. There are threads in the 2011-2017 section.

The 1000 kit for the 4th gen is 60815. About $80. When I wrote this.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
OK guys. I have searched and can not find my answer. I'm wanting to bag my ody. 2013 touring. I want to know of the cons for daily driving
First question, do you want to spend $5k in JUST parts alone?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Why would one spend that much just on parts? Perhaps "bagging" means something different to you? And maybe the OP? It's a minivan...that could use some help when fully loaded. Simple airlifts, with manual valves do the trick.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Why would one spend that much just on parts? Perhaps "bagging" means something different to you? And maybe the OP? It's a minivan...that could use some help when fully loaded. Simple airlifts, with manual valves do the trick.
Nooo you got his post wrong lol

Bags means full air suspension. Ever see those cars parked slammed on the floor and then all of a sudden they raise up and drive away? Yeah...they ain't cheap to do.

The airlift kit you're talking about is completely different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Someone say air ride?
pros. I love air ride. It’s smooth comfortable and fun.
cons. Air leaks... no matter how much I fought my air leaks i could never win. Some days I wouldn’t lose any air. Some days I’d come out to 0psi and would have to wait to build enough pressure to lift and drive off. Driving would be fine just that initial fill sucked. The sound of air compressors like a fish tank in your ride. Cost... it isn’t cheap. AirStruts alone will run you 2000+. They are dependable but air leaks...

If I had the funds would I bag my ody? Hell yes. Will I... no. It’s a family ride. I’d rather just toss my kids in and drive!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pros: You can drive high if you want... You can drive low if you want. Find the happy medium and you will have a comfortable ride. I always say, ride high, park low.
Cons: Expensive... Paranoia... LOL Seriously though, if installation is done correctly, you should have minimal issues. Just have to carry around some parts in case... Unless its the bag that is damaged and leaking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts