Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

I just bought an odyssey 2006 ex-l w/res. When checking the car I just checked driving test. It was running well.

Now I saw the airbag warning light keep on (when start the car, it is on then off then on constantly, no any flashing light). In addition, the seat belt light does not work (not on even I seat on & do not buckle up).

Could you give me some suggestion on what should I do now?

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought an '05 EX. I notice the same problem, except mine is intermittent, not a problem all the time. Also, many--though not all--of my center dash backlights spontaneously failed. These two problems seemed to start at the same time. Everything worked when I bought the car. A couple weeks later, this all happened. I'll be interested in following this thread. I hope my additional info is helpful and does not detract from OP's question.

·
Registered
8,542 Posts
The OP hasn't updated in 10 months, so I guess they have resolved their problem.

There's not much you can do while the SRS light is intermittent. When it stays on, a dealer can read the SRS computer to determine the faulty component.

The most common SRS failure points are the driver's seat belt buckle switch and the passenger seat occupant sensor.

In the US, the seat belt and buckle are warrantied for life. If the dealer confirms a faulty seat belt buckle switch, they will replace it no charge to you. If it's anything else, you would probably be charged a diagnosis fee.

Try spraying electronic contact cleaner into the buckle. That sometimes restores steady switch contact if dirt is the problem.

The dash illumination issue is probably unrelated. It's odd to have several bulbs fail simultaneously. Maybe one failed earlier without you noticing it? Try the simple solution and replace the inoperative bulbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts