Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone confirm that the airflow from my '06 EXL vents is ok or not. I think I might have a problem with the air from the floor vents. Rear climate control button is off. Here's what I get:

Setting for Dash only - lots of air coming out from 4 dash vents

Setting for dash and floor - air coming out of 4 dash vents is reduced a bit, very tiny amount of air coming out of the 2 dash floor vents but barely anything noticeable coming out of the 2 floor vents under the front seats

Setting for Floor only - 2 center dash vents off, air still from both side dash vents. A bit more air from the 2 front dash floor vents and a bit of air from the floor vents under the front seats. But total floor volume is nowhere near what was coming out of the 2 center dash vents before. Fan noise from the defroster vents really loud but no air coming out of them.

I didn't check but does any air from the front go to the third row seating area? I was assuming that this would be controlled from the rear climate control button.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
This is too funny, it was a coincidence you posted this thread.

I was wondering the same, so I reached down the floor vent (the vent that blows at driver's foot).....courtesy of Honda! The Floor Vent has a few flaps to restrict the flow, crawl down and look and you will see it is not a wide-open vent as you might think.

You might want to remove a piece (a small flap) to increase air flow.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
cnn said:
This is too funny, it was a coincidence you posted this thread.

I was wondering the same, so I reached down the floor vent (the vent that blows at driver's foot).....courtesy of Honda! The Floor Vent has a few flaps to restrict the flow, crawl down and look and you will see it is not a wide-open vent as you might think.

You might want to remove a piece (a small flap) to increase air flow.
Is the piece actually removeable and easy to spot? Don't really want to spend too much time trying to find it because it's been -25C outside this week. What about the passenger side, did you notice that it's restricted also?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Next time you drive the van, set the fan to floor vent, reach your hand down, you will feel air coming out of the foot vent.

Then touch the vent opening, you will feel that the opening is partially blocked by a few flaps. I think Honda engineers design this so that little air flows to your foot and more air is available for the windshield.

It only takes about 10 seconds to figure this out the next time you drive.

I am thinking about removing part of the flaps to increase air flow to the foot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts