Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Air Lifts on my brand new 2011 Odyssey.
No drilling at all, no cutting of bump stop.
This what I did (sorry no pictures).
I removed the lower control arm.
Removed the bump stop.
Installed the air bag with the valve pointing up through the bump stop bolt hole.
Pulled back the carpet and removed the HVAC air delivery baffle.
Removed the rubber plugs and threaded the tube through them (Ok, I did drill the rubber plug to thread the tubing).
Re-installed the springs and lower control arm.
Routed the air tubing to the left side of the cargo hold.
It took me about 1.5 hr to do the first side cause I did not know how I wanted to install the air lift. After I figured it out it took 20 minutes to do the other side.
This is my second set of Air Lift I have installed, I installed a set on my 2003 Ody and I did drill the lower control arm.

I'm not done yet, I want to install a digital pressure regulator and a small compressor, I will be making it myself (I work on pneumatics so I have easy access to high end parts).

Note:
If you want the rear to sit higher you can cut the bump stop, this will bring the rear up and inch or so. I like to have the rear sit lower so I removed the bump stop.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Air Lift 1000 for 2011 Ody

Removed the bump stop.
Installed the air bag with the valve pointing up through the bump stop bolt hole.
Removed the rubber plugs and threaded the tube through them (Ok, I did drill the rubber plug to thread the tubing).
It took me about 1.5 hr to do the first side cause I did not know how I wanted to install the air lift. After I figured it out it took 20 minutes to do the other side.
This is my second set of Air Lift I have installed, I installed a set on my 2003 Ody and I did drill the lower control arm.

I'm not done yet, I want to install a digital pressure regulator and a small compressor, I will be making it myself (I work on pneumatics so I have easy access to high end parts).

Note:
If you want the rear to sit higher you can cut the bump stop, this will bring the rear up and inch or so. I like to have the rear sit lower so I removed the bump stop.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Removed the bump stop.

Note:
swedepwr: Any chance of a picture of where you mounted the filler valves?
I can follow most of what you did, except for the filler valves.
I plan to install on my wife's 2014, and really like the description of your install.

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never mounted the filler lines, I just had them lie on the floor on the driver side. I built my valve and air compressor but have not mounted it yet. I have not driven much. I have been so busy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply.
I will figure it out when I install.
Did you have any issues with the stem (where the tubing connects to the bags), chaffing on the bump stop bolt holes, since your install was inverted?
Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did have to flatten the hose clamps but that's it. It fits very nice and has no leaks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great, Thanks.
I ordered my kit, expect to receive and install by the weekend.
Previously installed on my '04, never had any problems over the course of 10 years.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Swedepwr, with your set-up are you able to elevate the rear end enough, with a full load, to keep the wheels close to 0 camber? I often carry 1000# in the rear and want to be able to travel without negative camber.
Thanks, Jerry O.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Swedepwr I'm curious to know if you've completed your compressor install. If so, where did you install the compressor? Do you have any pics?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts