Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching this board for more info on the new Ody plant in Alabama. I noticed that not many people have seen the USA made Ody around the country. Just wanted to pass on that I test drove a new GG'02 EX made in Lincoln, Alabama. I'm really hoping that Honda can put a dent into the supply side problem with this new plant.

Question: I've heard rumors that you must pay a transfer fee if you buy a new car at one dealer and want it serviced at another. This sounds like a bogus fee. Anyone have any comments?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AllHallows:
Question: I've heard rumors that you must pay a transfer fee if you buy a new car at one dealer and want it serviced at another. This sounds like a bogus fee. Anyone have any comments?</font>
That is totally false. Any Honda can be serviced at any Honda dealership. And any Honda still under warranty can receive warranty service from any Honda dealership. If a dealer told you about the "transfer fee" I would run away from that dealership and never return.

I'm wondering if that may have something to do with aftermarket extended warranty packages (i.e. non-Honda extended warranties). Perhaps those are only honored at the dealership that sold it to you. But a true Honda extended warranty will even be honored at any Honda dealership.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts