Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings-

I'm in search of an audible "chirping" alarm system, with shock sensor, to enhance the Honda factory alarm system. I'm having LoJack installed this Friday, but the LJ enhancement package does not have audible arming/disarming features.

Please advise. Cheers!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I added a shock sensor and a glass breakage sensor by tapping to hood sensor. The integrated GBS is useless since it's hidden under the dash.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
You can get an interface module for certain aftermarket alarms that allows interfacing directly with the factory keyless entry/alarm systems. I know the Omega line of alarms (such as Crimestopper from Crutchfield, Excalibur, etc..) have this capability.
In other words, what you ask for is by all means possible. You add an aftermarket that "piggybacks" the OEM.
Now let's see, you'd have factory alarm, immobilizer, LJ and an auxilary aftermarket alarm... is that all? Why not throw in a club, a Boston Boot, and guard dog to round out the security system?

Good Luck!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yeah, and a portable, electrically charged chain link fence with optional car cover.

I think that a good insurance policy would be much less trouble.

Fred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts