Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with 2009 odyssey ExL alarm goes off intermittently a couple days ago. I turned the alarm off by opening the lock by pressing remote open. Now doesn’t arm because can’t lock with remote. However,
Interior dome lights are lit. Had to close selector rocker switch to off position to keep lights off so battery would not drain when car turned off. Interior roof Lights will turn off when car is started and running. Checked each door switch indicator on front dash for operation when car running. Doors open and close indication works showing door open and closed on front dash.
Can only lock with pushing inside knob drivers side which locks all.
i even disconnected the hood lock switch connector.

iI even took each door sensor switch and checked for operation.

Do you have any s suggestions or solutions. Thanks for anyone that can help!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Your issue is very common and discussed on this forum often- a few times each week it seems. The usual cause is water intrusion. It could also be a faulty or wet drivers door lock module.
You can prevent the alarm from going off by jumpering the hood latch switch connector. This prevents the alarm from arming because the system thinks the hood is always open.
Search here for specifics on fixing the water leaks and drying the wet electronics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much. It seems as when it rains or very damp when this occurs.

II disconnected the associated connector but that did not resolve. Do I have to jump the connector after unplugging?
Is it worth replacing the hood latch assembly?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
As I said, you have to jump the disconnected hood switch connector to disable the alarm system. Simply disconnecting it is not sufficient. There is nothing wrong with your hood switch or latch, so no need to replace it.
Your issue is water is leaking inside your vehicle and getting your electronic modules wet causing erratic behavior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts