Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2004 odyssey ,
it did not come with a key fob so I bought one , when I try to program it I can’t get it to transmit , I tested the harness at the receiver and all checks out by the factory manual ,
I tried a new receiver and same thing , can’t get it programmed , I also noticed the security light in the cluster does not blink , so I’m wondering if some how the previous owner disabled the security system and that’s what’s causing me not to be able to program the key fob?

·
Registered
13,788 Posts
Have you looked at old threads on here about key fobs? They changed in 2001 I think. There are different (and very close) model and FCC numbers. They look exactly alike. Make sure you have the right one.

By the way, the alarm will set when using the central locking button on either front door. I do this a lot when my hands will be full and one of the side sliding doors is open. I can get my stuff out of the front seat, lock the doors with the central switch on the door, grab bags out of the sliding doors and yank it to shut. Once it closes, it will lock and the light in the cluster blinks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you , you were right it was the aftermarket key fobs , I got me a oem and works perfect!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts