Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm in a big rush right now but the stupid key fob will lock and set the alarm but won't unlock the fan (the light on the key fob lights up though)

Is that a problem with the key fob or maybe the unlocking mechanism within the van?

I called honda and they want to run a diag... no way this van isn't worth it. I just disconnected the horns and it's fine for now.

Anyone ever run into this problem? He said there were sensors at each door and that just by unlocking/locking/unlocking with the key it should be fine, but I've tried that countless times with no success.

It's a 1998 honda odyssey EX. I've already disconnected one of the clicking relays up under the dash too.. not sure if that was smart or not but don't really care. If I can just rip open the doors and reset some kind of tripping mechanism then I'm game for that too. I don't even want the alarm system...

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do the p/locks work using the key in the door? Can you disable the alarm and unlock the doors with the key in the door? It may be the power lock actuator. If you give me your e-mail I could send some info on the dealer installed security system. Steve

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I would try replacing the battery in the remote first. They can fail on the weakest point, not necessarily all at once.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep new battery in the remote. The light comes on bright when I press the button to unlock but nothing happens. I guess the lock works.. Panic or the trunk release doesn't work either.

Funny enough there was this little black button below the steering column and supposedly resets the valet alarm... Just turn the key to the on position then hold it down and voila!

I'm a little annoyed that Honda wanted to charge me a diag fee when they should've known about that trick.

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have similar problem when I can press lock and car is locked, even honk after the second press but when I press unlock, nothing happened. The problem started after the battery when dead, when we jumped the car, the alarm went off so I press unlock to turn it off. Since then, I can't press unlock to unlock the car again.
I could not find that little button anywhere and my van is Odyssey 2003.
Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts