Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I've been anxiously waiting the arrival of my new Ody and also looking ahead to future "add on's"!
I've been pretty much set on getting the Honda OEM alarm system from Handa Accessories. The other day, I was brousing a Crutchfield catalog and their web site for radio, speaker, and CD changer options and noticed their alarm system stuff. I knew Crutchfield sold alarms but never paid much attention to them until I discovered that they list the Odyssey as one of the vehicles that they may have wire harnesses for to simply plug the system in without having to splice wires. Their prices for the top line system are a little less than the Honda OEM alarm and it has a few more features. Namely, a shock sensor in addition to the glass sensor, and the ability to add options like remote starting and auto window roll down. I probably wouldn't use those features but it's nice to know they're there if I ever wanted to add them.

Question: Has anyone used this alarm system and if so, what do you think?

Be Safe,
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
The 2001 EX comes with an alarm.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
The 2001 EX comes with an alarm.

</font>
I know Jim!
Problem is, I'm not getting an EX!

Be Safe,
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Oh! Nevermind.

If I remember right, Crutchfield has the adapters that plug right into the OE harness. Aftermarket alarms are neat. You can have extra channels that do everything from starting the engine to operating the windows.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have used Crutchfield's Crimeguard alarm on two vehicles so far. One was a 1996 F-350 Ford and the other a 1998 Toyota Camry. I must say both installs were quite easy and both alarms are still going strong with zero problems, so far. I bought the "top of the line" system for the Camry but I have to admit three years later I still haven't put on the glass and motion sensors. Get the 533i system, plug in and it' good to go.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have mixed opinions on plug in harnesses. Potentially, an intruder can 'unplug' your system and reattach the unit to factory conditions since you are using a plug in harness. Although it does makes things easier. Personally, I would go with an aftermarket option, this will allow you to pick an unit in your price range -- and also allow you to select where to mount/hide the main module and also how to run your wires.

If you are interested in installing an aftermarket alarm, here are the step by step details.

http://www.autotoys.com/New_Tech/DIY_2000/Honda_Odyssey_Alarm/honda_odyssey_alarm.htm

------------------

Here to help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts