Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 EX-L had some shuddering, and the drive axles were replaced. After I got the van back, no more shuddering (yay!) but my alignment is a bit off now. DH says they should have checked it during the drive axle replacement and/or they messed it up by replacing the drive axle and not realigning it. All of this was warranty work. The alignment is just slightly off, and just enough to make me want to go get it fixed before our 1000 mile road trip on April 1st. (Ody is going back to the stealership tomorrow for tranny issues anyways.)

So is he right, or do I just need to suck it up and get an alignment anyways?

(If it matters, this was a CPO I bought in September, I've put less than 10k on it)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Any front work like yours should require an alignment since In order to take the drive axles some front end parts would have to be taken off.

A friend had to get a u-joint boot replaced and they did an alignment afterwards.

P

·
Registered
49 Posts
Unless the mechanic spun around the tie rod when he popped it off of the knuckle to pull out the old axle it shouldn't need an allignment. If an allignment is covered it wouldn't hurt to have the dealer check it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
+1 to what DAP91Si says.

Usually when the knuckle is dropped to release the half-shaft, nothing alignment related has been changed. Everything bolts right back up where it was.

Joel

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 06 EX-L had some shuddering, and the drive axles were replaced. All of this was warranty work.
I know this is old and the OP may never check this site again but I have to ask. How did you get the warranty company to bite the bullet on the axle replacement? My van is shuttering at 60-70 mph and they will not replace it because they say the axle has not "failed". The dealer says its "worn" but cannot say it has "failed" so the warranty company won't do anything about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts