Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The standard answer is, if you are getting new tires (or suspension), it would be a good time for an alignment. Always have done that.

However, my experience for the last 25+ years has been this. 8 of 10 times, there seems to be something "not right" after it comes back from an alignment job, when it was "perfect" before.

Most of the time, the steering wheel is not perfectly straight (I let it go), and one time the car was the dangerous to drive after an alignment.

It's time for new tires again.

There are only a handful of time did my cars came back "perfect" like the way it was. One of the time was a dealer. And another time was a performance shop. IMO, most tire/alignment "expert" shops seem to do the worst job.

Am I not going to the right places? Or just my luck? If my car tracks fine now, and no excessive tire wear, should I just not get a alignment?

Advice?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Seems to me the "standard answer" is standard because most people need a sticker or MID to know when they need an oil change for pete's sake. If you know what to look for in terms of tracking and tire wear I don't see the harm in waiting.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
^^^^Same here. There's no cause-and-effect between changing tires and needing an alignment. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts