Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I purchased a set of all season floor mats for my 1 week old '10 odyssel EX-L R&N from handa-accessories.com
( http://www.handa-accessories.com/odyint05.html ).

Looks like, I have to remove my OEM mats in order for me to use these. As, the hooks in the driver side are not long enough hold both the mats and also, the second row has snaps in the all weather mat , so the second row carpet needs to come out also.

Can anyone confirm this is the case atleast for the driver/pass side. I didn't have to do this with my CR-V. The hold downs were long enough to hold the carpet and the all weather mat.

thanks
anand

·
Registered
389 Posts
Anandks said:
Hello:

I purchased a set of all season floor mats for my 1 week old '10 odyssel EX-L R&N from handa-accessories.com
( http://www.handa-accessories.com/odyint05.html ).

Looks like, I have to remove my OEM mats in order for me to use these. As, the hooks in the driver side are not long enough hold both the mats and also, the second row has snaps in the all weather mat , so the second row carpet needs to come out also.

Can anyone confirm this is the case atleast for the driver/pass side. I didn't have to do this with my CR-V. The hold downs were long enough to hold the carpet and the all weather mat.

thanks
anand
I can confirm. The oem all season mats absolutely suck. There is minimal coverage and the second row design is just horrible. There are seams where the door to the cubby area opens up. Dirt and water can easily get in. I already purchased 3 foot wide rubberized/vinyl liners which I will cut to size in order to compensate for the shortfall. As for the second row, I'll have to figure something out.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Re: Re: all season floor mats

whoa said:
I can confirm. The oem all season mats absolutely suck. There is minimal coverage and the second row design is just horrible. There are seams where the door to the cubby area opens up. Dirt and water can easily get in. I already purchased 3 foot wide rubberized/vinyl liners which I will cut to size in order to compensate for the shortfall. As for the second row, I'll have to figure something out.
I totally agree. The OEM mats suck big time. Ours is a '06 and the center mats are 3 pieces with the middle piece having 2 cutouts. Any dirt or water goes right to the carpet and makes a mess. I threw them in the garage and bought a set of truck Pants Saver car mats and put them in the middle row. 2 mats fit just perfectly when you put them in sideways and has the raised edge to catch any water (or snow as here in Canada). For the amount of times I have to access the floor compartment I just pull the mat back. The front row is no better, any water on the mat runs off onto the carpet below the doors. Especially on the passenger side on ours, the floor is sloped down towards the door so it drains everything under door sill.

But to answer Anandks question, yes, you have to remove all the carpeted pieces before you can install the all season mats.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've actually put the OEM ones on top of the carpet floor mats to see if they will provide "double" protection. Haven't been through a winter with this setup yet, but I'll have to wait and see this year. The fit is not perfect, but hasn't been too much of a hassle... yet!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I also just set the honda all season mats on top of the carpeted floor mats. They're so heavy they don't move around, plus I like having two layers for crap to get through. I even put scotchgard down on the regular floor and the carpeted floor mats.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think both of you are asking for trouble by placing the all weather mats on top of the carpeted mats. Either your gas pedal can get stuck on the mat or the brake can be prevented from going down far enough to stop.

I think the former just happened to wildwilly recently.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's how our dealer actually put them on when we bought it. Be driving like that for 1 yr no problems(knock on wood). It didn't add but 1/4" to the height, I think the carpet ones are more likely to bunch up, so hopefully the rubber is holding them down.

·
Registered
22 Posts
bummer, I just ordered a set of OEM all weather mats from a guy on EBAY for $110 shipped. Thought it was a good deal...but if they don't catch muck...then what's the point? GRRRR

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, the Honda ones certainly don't have any "walls" to catch heavy snow and dirt. We usually knock off heavy stuff before we go into our vehicle so I'm hoping it still does the job. So far in a rainfall, the mats are doing the job, but like I said, the verdict for me will be how they perform during the winter.

As far as the doubling up issue, they don't actually add too much height. And the Honda ones don't even go near the accelerator, so I don't think there will be an issue there. If it catches, I'll let people know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We've had our honda mats since last winter and no snow/mud made it onto the carpets. I think they will be fine for protection, and I just checked ours and there is a cutout around the accelerator, so it won't get stuck.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have had our OEM Honda All Weather mats through two Chicago winters with three kids under 9 year old that just jump in to the van with snow/wet boots. The only improvement would be covering the driver left foot "dead pedal" area and a piece next to the 2nd row passanger side in front of the sliding door. I added a small black mat. Otherwise, I am very happy and have no issue with dirt getting onto the carpet. What I really like, it they just wipe up without needing to pull the mats out of the van. Very happy and would gladly recommend them to anyone. I saw the WeatherTech in a van at the dealership and thought they were ugly and make it look like a commercial van inside instead of the way the OEM mats complimented the interior. Wife defiantely said no way to the WeatherTech.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts