Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the all season floor mats for the wife's new Odyssey in order to protect the beige interior. I think they look like normal black mats but my wife doesn't like them. In fact, she may hate them as they look too "industrial" for her tastes. We may end up putting the carpet mats back in and just buying all season mats to put on top of them. Anyway, she's going to sleep on it and look at them again tomorrow and give me her final opinion. But just in case anyone in the DC area is considering buying the Honda all season mats, wait a day or two or drop me an IM as they may be for sale soon...and you won't have to pay shipping.

Honestly, I think the fact that they fit the Odyssey perfectly and protect all three rows outweighs their look but at the end of the day, it's her car. Anyway guys - triple check with your wives before you buy the mats!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you tell me if these mats go under the second row middle seat. We have ours out for now as I need to walk into the back of the van to buckle kids in. They are pointless if that middle carpet isn't covered.

Thanks!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Can you tell me if these mats go under the second row middle seat. We have ours out for now as I need to walk into the back of the van to buckle kids in. They are pointless if that middle carpet isn't covered.

Thanks!
If I understand you correctly you want to know if, with the middle seat removed, the carpet (under that seat) is covered?

No, the mats only covers the area where your feet would be resting if you were sitting in the seat.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I bought the all season floor mats for the wife's new Odyssey in order to protect the beige interior. I think they look like normal black mats but my wife doesn't like them. In fact, she may hate them as they look too "industrial" for her tastes. We may end up putting the carpet mats back in and just buying all season mats to put on top of them. Anyway, she's going to sleep on it and look at them again tomorrow and give me her final opinion. But just in case anyone in the DC area is considering buying the Honda all season mats, wait a day or two or drop me an IM as they may be for sale soon...and you won't have to pay shipping.

Honestly, I think the fact that they fit the Odyssey perfectly and protect all three rows outweighs their look but at the end of the day, it's her car. Anyway guys - triple check with your wives before you buy the mats!!
Depends on your color combination inside, the black look better on some interiors vs others.

Don't put all season mats on top of the regular mats, it might interfere with the gas pedal, etc...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you! So when the kids are walking into the back betwen the 2nd row chairs we will still need something there, back to researching mats:sleep:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Depends on your color combination inside, the black look better on some interiors vs others.

Don't put all season mats on top of the regular mats, it might interfere with the gas pedal, etc...
Black on grey looks great.

I have the all-season on top of the regular floor mats and they work fine. No issue with the gas pedal or brakes.

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
i am shopping for all weather mats...considering Lloyd's rubber tite, and honda oem....joncar

·
Registered
427 Posts
Black on grey looks great.

I have the all-season on top of the regular floor mats and they work fine. No issue with the gas pedal or brakes.

:)
Ok... They are meant to be used by themselves, not on top of the existing floor mats, the instructions even note this... I wouldn't risk it.. but to each their own.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the OEM all-season mats. In black against the gray interior of our EX-L (in Crystal Black Pearl), it is a perfect complement. One thing I note is that the diagonal stripe design is so minimal but serves its purpose so well. I felt this was one of the nicest pieces of OEM floor mats I've ever seen.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Ok... They are meant to be used by themselves, not on top of the existing floor mats, the instructions even note this... I wouldn't risk it.. but to each their own.
The dealer installed it like this...Go figure!

I never even saw the instructions for the floormats as they were installed before I picked-up the van. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go remove them. Stupid dealers!

:mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking for an answer to the middle of the 2nd row of seats as well has anyone found it? My 07 odyssey had a piece of carpet there can't believe they would get rid of that! I have 2012 now

·
Registered
15 Posts
CincyFan, if you do end up wanting to part ways with them I might be able to take them off your hands--wife has been thinking about weathertechs for the interior but these might work. I'm in Springfield, VA--not too far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts