Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my front tires. What brand should I consider? All season 19' Elite

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
653 Posts
If you're just replacing two - stick with what you already have to keep them matched.

If you're going with all new - I've had very good experience with Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 tires across many different vehicles.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What's your location? If you are in a place that has 4 real seasons and don't want to change to Winter tires, check out all weather tires, heard some good things. Notice how I said all weather and not all season.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got new tires last week. Initially went with Continental Control Contact from DT. All 4 tires were not holding the balance. After driving 30 miles. I was getting vibration. Did 3 tire balance same issue every time all 4 tire out of balance paid diff swap them for Michelin Defender So far no issue.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's your location? If you are in a place that has 4 real seasons and don't want to change to Winter tires, check out all weather tires, heard some good things. Notice how I said all weather and not all season.
[/QUOT
Nyc

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just back from 500 Tahoe, CA trip, lots of snow, ice and wind.... tires handled everything like a champ!!! very quiet, comfortable and very good grip on all surfaces ! I definitely recommend them

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just replaced our original 2016 Touring tires with Goodyear Endurance Comfortred Touring. I wanted a tire that had good handling and was quiet. While I would like good mileage, Odys don't get good mileage with any tire I have tried in the past so I went with a tire I think will be safer, especially on rainy roads.

I have about a 1000 miles on them so far and I am very happy. After installing these tires plus the S-VCM module, we can actually talk to each other at 70 MPH!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just replaced our original 2016 Touring tires with Goodyear Endurance Comfortred Touring. I wanted a tire that had good handling and was quiet. While I would like good mileage, Odys don't get good mileage with any tire I have tried in the past so I went with a tire I think will be safer, especially on rainy roads.

I have about a 1000 miles on them so far and I am very happy. After installing these tires plus the S-VCM module, we can actually talk to each other at 70 MPH!

I had Goodyear Tripletred installed at 500 miles on my 18 Elite. At around 35,000 miles, tires started to become noisy on highway. Goodyear gave me 50% credit toward a set of WeatherReady.
The best tire ever that I have. They are smooth, quiet, and provide excellent traction. Goodyear provide you with true mileage adjustment.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had Goodyear Tripletred installed at 500 miles on my 18 Elite. At around 35,000 miles, tires started to become noisy on highway. Goodyear gave me 50% credit toward a set of WeatherReady.
The best tire ever that I have. They are smooth, quiet, and provide excellent traction. Goodyear provide you with true mileage adjustment.
I can't seem to find this tire in 19 inches. It says that rhus tire isn't available in this size

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm looking to replace my front tires. What brand should I consider? All season 19' Elite
Firstly; replacing just the front tires with a different tire is a ridiculous notion that no one in their right mind would recommend. That said, with over a million miles driven on four different Odyssey's, I started running Yokohama YK-HTX tires with wonderful results. The first set on my 2018 EX lasted 73k miles with tread to spare! They are light-truck tires with a bunch of tread, cost much less than Michelin, and ride/handle quite nicely. I'm currently on my second set and still very happy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you're just replacing two - stick with what you already have to keep them matched.

If you're going with all new - I've had very good experience with Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 tires across many different vehicles.
  • Size: 235/55R19
  • Serv. Desc: 101V
  • UTQG: 700 A A

·
Registered
156 Posts
Stick with brand name tires. Don't get Chinese garbage tires. I got a good deal on Pirelli Scorpion tires from Pep Boys during one of their buy 3 get one free sales. They are good tires. I will repeat, stay away from Chinese garbage that a lot of small shops are pushing.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Anyone care to challenge my opinions on tires? View attachment 153805
C'mon Robie you can still see the top of your garage door, a few years back in Minnesota and North and South Dakota they was showing pictures of streets where you could only see the very top of STOP signs. Than of course their was the video shot of snow up to the second floor bottom of windows. Now that's some snow! I remember back quite a few years ago seeing a car commercial for Jeep, they showed the top of a STOP sign in the middle of Nowhere, and snow up to the middle of the sign. About 12 feet behind the STOP sign you could see the glow of the brake light coming up through the snow, after his stop he drove forward with snow collapsing over the top as he drove forward. Talk about a fish and hook story! :p I never had snow tires, when I worked for the Omaha Airport Authority for 8 years, we never used snow tires on plow trucks snow blowers and graders. It took too long to change them/store them/ and risking inury with split rims. So chains was used when there was ice was under the snow and blowers to cast the snow if it was too deep for the plow trucks to handle. Of course we di not take this vehicles off Eppley Airfield. Have you ever heard of a company called SNOWBLAST, they was made up in Canada, cannot recall where exactly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts