Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original all season tires is now starting to reach the wear bar. Anyone have suggestions for an affordable all season tires for the Odyssey?

I'm looking at Hancooks, any other mfg in the value range?

Thanks,

Vernon

·
Registered
186 Posts
roadcarver said:
My original all season tires is now starting to reach the wear bar. Anyone have suggestions for an affordable all season tires for the Odyssey?

I'm looking at Hancooks, any other mfg in the value range?

Thanks,

Vernon
I just put on Continental ECO,, they just came out and have a 80k warrenty. All the tire I have tried only lasted 25k miles.

this is the first tire that I can feel less rolling resistence.

see here

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/us/en/continental/automobile/themes/car_tires/passenger_coupe_minivan/pro_contact_eco/procontact_eco_en.html
:D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll look into the continentals. Hopefully they can be bought within Canada. The Michelins didn't seem to last long... my van has about 69000 km on it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
roadcarver said:
Thanks, I'll look into the continentals. Hopefully they can be bought within Canada. The Michelins didn't seem to last long... my van has about 69000 km on it.
On the link is a change country tab,, Ca is on there,, My works Firewall won't let me see the page but I bet there is a Canada wholesaler/retailer somewhere.

·
Registered
346 Posts
People, pay attention! - the wear bar is too late. 4/32" is the minimum, and wet stopping distances are already longer than safe. At 2/32" you might as well be on slicks.

Just watch this short video clip:

http://www.tirerack.com/videos/index.jsp?video=5&tab=tires
If your MTV concentration span won't tolerate 3+1/2 minutes, start it at 1:40 and see the comparisons just right there.

Also, 40000 miles on OEM tires for this heavy van that actually handles is hardly a bad result worth complaining about. Tires really don't routinely last 80,000 miles like the ads make people believe (at least without serious performance trade offs that I would not accept), and certainly not OEM tires.

Now, with any luck, DV will close this, yet another, "what excellent all season tires to buy very cheap" thread.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that video, really appreciate it.

I'm picking up the Yokohama Extensas tomorrow. The continentals did not have P235/65/16, but they had the 17 in their web finder.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Punch the size into TireRack.com and see what comes up. Then from the choice look at reviews and pick anything that is rated at 8+.

As I suspected, the Michelins LX4 on the 2010 Honda we just bought are pretty crappy tires. They are rated at 5+ and most reviewers stated that they've had them for a little over 20K miles. That is unacceptable.

There are much better tires out there in the same price range.

Now, I am not saying that Michelin makes horrible tires. My favorite A/S tires are from michelin and the size needed for my maxima demands over $300 per tire. These LX4s don't even come close, and obviously I am not pushing the van nearly as hard as I do the maxima.

P.S. I just bought one LX4 to replace a tire that didn't survive a pothole (only 1.4K miles on the van) NY roads are just unvelievable.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fender4,

My bad, I missed that yesterday when I quickly glanced at it. Also the tireshop that I called couldn't find it.

I called around and I got quoted 800 for a set (4) of ProContact Eco. It was a little expensive for my budget.

The Toyo have good ratings as well, esp during wet weathers.

Thanks,

Vernon

fender4 said:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts