Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed on at least two occasions in the morning when I get into our new 2011 Ody that all windows were lower. Front windows were lower about 2 inches and the sliding door windows were about 1 inch. My wife as also noticed this too on one occasion. She thought it was her coat sleeve that triggered this.

The last time this happened I noted the amount the windows were lowered and the front windows were the same depth and the sliding doors were the same depth.

I'm just suspicious that for the windows to be lowered the same depth it couldn't be someone hitting the buttons.

I'm just wandering if anyone has noticed this with their new van?
or is it me...

I have not mentioned this to my dealer, yet.

My van is a Odyssey 2011 EX

·
Registered
359 Posts
if you press (maybe it's on the second press) and hold in the unlock button, it will lower the windows. alot of Hondas are set up like that.

·
Registered
687 Posts
if you press (maybe it's on the second press) and hold in the unlock button, it will lower the windows. alot of Hondas are set up like that.
Yes, this is confirmed on page 193 of the 2011 Honda Odyssey manual:

Opening theWindows and Moonroof with the Remote Transmitter

On all models except LX

You can open all of the windows and the moonroof (if equipped) from the outside with the remote transmitter.

1. Press the UNLOCK button once to unlock the driver’s door.

2. Press the UNLOCK button a second time, and hold it. The passenger’s doors and the tailgate unlock, and all four windows and moonroof start to open. To stop the windows and moonroof, release the button.

3. To open the windows and moonroof further, press the button again (within 10 seconds of step 1) and hold it. If the windows and the moonroof stop before the desired position, repeat steps 1 and 2.

;)

You cannot close the windows or the moonroof with the remote transmitter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured it out...(I think)

Thanks SteveV and Gstom,

You're both correct. I think I must be holding down the unlock button too long and not noticing the windows coming down. I usually unlock the tailgate to put things into the back. I do recall on one occasion that was what happened.

I guess I'll have to be more careful about pressing the unlock button a second time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have my key programed to unlock all doors with one press of the unlock button. My wife's key is programed to unlock all doors with 2 key presses on the unlock button. Most likely she will be alone with the van and I will be with my wife and myself. Maybe the Canadaian Honda is different. Like a lot of things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thief Convenience Feature-Windows lowering by themselves

I called this stupid feature "THIEF CONVENIENCE FEATURE".
Windows lowering putting my things inside the van at risk.
I hope HONDA can resolve this issue in the future coz I believe HONDA(north america) invented this useless feature.
However created this damn feature needs to be hanged.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I hope HONDA can resolve this issue in the future coz I believe HONDA(north america) invented this useless feature.
A bit harsh, especially for your first post. :rollingeyes:

·
Registered
739 Posts
And utter BS, since its been available on European cars for a while. I think they invented it. Anyway I love the feature, here in Houston, we always open the all the windows with the remote to let out the super heated interior air and keep them open until we start driving a bit. I find it funny that people will just get in their super hot cars and close the door right away.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Its a great feature especially during summer months of 100+'F here in the south. Maybe not so much to our great north neighbors.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think its a great feature as well, and I live here in Canada...eh. :)

I think there may be a way of turning it off for those that don't like it, but someone will have to confirm, as it would require me going allllll tttthhhe wwwaaaay to my van to get the manual, hehe. :)

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Are you really that ignorant? If not, go **** yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Happened to me for the first time on my 2015 Odyssey and I don't think it's a wise thing to have for security reasons. I had parked the car on the street (safe area) in front of the kids house and when we returned home from dinner (in his car) I noticed the windows were all half way down. This morning he noticed the moon roof was also open part way (I did not notice that yesterday and I'm glad it did not rain last night). The only way I can think of that it happened was somehow the key fob button was pressed in my pocket or my wife's purse since I have a keyless system and rarely use the remote or keys. I believe there should be an option to turn it off because I would hate for this to happen and I did not notice it. In addition, I live in Florida and don't see the need to lower my windows.

·
Registered
267 Posts
In addition, I live in Florida and don't see the need to lower my windows.
This is the precise reason I love having this option. I can roll all the windows down before getting in the car and the heat can escape before we get inside. I also have this on my Acura and have never accidentally rolled the windows down in either vehicle

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Yeah, you would think there would be a simply way to just turn off this option. Personally, I like the options, but I have to almost be standing on top of my Pilot for it to work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
5+ year old thread, but oh well.

This is the precise reason I love having this option. I can roll all the windows down before getting in the car and the heat can escape before we get inside. I also have this on my Acura and have never accidentally rolled the windows down in either vehicle
^^^This^^^ I love this feature as well. I have never accidentally rolled them down either, but it could happen.

Yeah, you would think there would be a simply way to just turn off this option. Personally, I like the options, but I have to almost be standing on top of my Pilot for it to work.
I guess it would be nice to have the option of turning this feature off.

Maybe your key fob batteries are in need of replacement for your Pilot?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts