Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got it put in and I can enjoy my old tapes and new DVD's now. About a 2 hour job with lots of water breaks. I mounted the VCR under the 2nd row seat behind the driver-4-screws. Then I ran the power wires and remote "eye" wires under the bezels where the seat mounts to to floor, under the carpet, rear and front door trim and into the fuse panel with Chuck's Add a Fuse idea (Thanks Chuck
0. I mounted the remote "eye" right in the little hole where the hood release is-very clean and nothing is visible to the naked eye. Wife can now operate the VCR easily from the driver's seat. As far as the Audio and Video wires-ran those under the bezel, under the rear door trim and then up into the input jacks. I eventually will pop the rear panel and tie the wires in beneath the panel so I can still use the jacks on top, but I've gotta get the courage up to pop the rear panel. Ill post pics and soon as I can. For what it is worth-figured out the Auxilliary jacks are only backlit when the power to the reat system is on and are not controlled by the headlights.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congrats.
I paid someone $35.00 who installed my Alarm system.

Got the JVC system that records on www.bsless.com for $275.00 delivered.
I like the JVC system for many reasons.
1. It is 4 head HIFi and Quasi SVHS playback compatible.
2. Alpine system was not made in Japan...JVC was.
3. They is a flip up door that protects the tape player when not in use and it also hides the power eject button from my 2 & 3 yr old's fingers.

4. 10 min install to add JVC TV tuner if I want to.
5. The cheapest I found the Alpine system was for $329.99 on Yahoo shopping + $20 shipping.

Also my alarm guy a neat installation. Remote eye is to the left of the clock on the RES and he tapped into the aux without My needing to plug them in them in. This way, I can connect my Camcorder a Playstation 2 with no problems.

I am installing a HatchBag next week so I want the panels closed in the 3rd row.

I too installed in the same place you did.

For those think of adding a VHS tape deck to their RES, I would get the JVC for $275.00.
Crutchfield sell the same one for $399 + delivery.

And best of all....You can record your blockbuster DVD or library dvd to your VHS while you are driving

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youre not saying you can record from DVD to VCR while driving are you? Would be a neat concept though. DWP-Driving while Pirating.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Try it. Your will probably be the same.
This will insure I return the video on time

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know how that could be done since there are no outputs on the RES system-maybe your stereo guy tapped into them? Could you ask him what he did because that sure sounds like a good idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts