1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to like the 2011 Ody but it ain't happenin'

New Sienna looks good.

New Nissan Quest may look good.

Edit - sorry meant to post this as a reply to another thread - I'm such a newbie. :(

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
My wife's comment after seeing 2011 Ody:

"Wow, that kind of reminds me of the Aztec".

If we do anything, the options are:

1. 2011 Enclave CXL

2. Slightly used 2010 Camaro and keep the '05 Ody.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I really wanted to get into the new Sienna SE however Toyota wouldn't work with me on the price, and they couldn't get me one in white. Walked next door to Honda and signed on a 2010 EX-L for several thousand less and almost 4% less interest.

·
Registered
506 Posts
We bought the Sienna.

Old van left today. New van gets picked up tomorrow.

I'll be a traitor posting in here from now on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My wife and I really considered the Mazda 5. However the third row was really useless especially for us since we are expecting twins in January. And for 25k for a fully loaded touring edition is a steal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was in the same boat earlier this year before we decided to get a 07 EX. I was wondering if I should have waited for the Quest or the Sienna but the best deal was used Ody. I'm just confused as to how the 2011 Ody could end up so ruined. My wife said it looks like a hearse

The Quest looks pretty good and very similar in shape to the 3rd Gen Ody.

I did see something about the C-Max from Ford coming here next year. Its a bit bigger than the Mazda5 and seats 8. My two brother-in-laws are looking for vans for their families so I'm keeping my eyes on this thread.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 2011 Toyota Sienna has a boring conservative design...

but...

it is so much better looking than the fugly 2011 Honda Odyssey...

I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring. I bought it the first month it came out in late 2004. The more I look at it now the more I like it. Hmmm! I will keep it!

Thanks to Honda...I'll be saving my money and wait for the next gen Honda Odyssey...in 2016...if we're still alive on planet earth.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I honestly don't get the hate for the appearance of the new Odyssey.

Ford Flex is ugly, the Scion XB is ugly, the Cadillac CTS-V is ugly.

New Odyssey looks kind of cool, at least in most colors (I don't care for the Mocha Metallic or Dark Cherry Pearl).

The third row window "lightening bolt" is arguably a bit different, but it's also practical since it increases third-row visibility.

I do like the look of the 2011 Sienna better, however.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The Ford, Scion are ugly in different ways (i don't think the Caddie is that ugly at all). Unfortunately the Ody is ugly in an Aztec way.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Snobike Mike said:
The Ford, Scion are ugly in different ways (i don't think the Caddie is that ugly at all). Unfortunately the Ody is ugly in an Aztec way.
The XS-B looks like a big bulbous tumor rolled around in chrome barf.

The 2011 Ody just looks like a more-agressive, more aerodynamic minivan.

Then again, I like more Kammback designs (less wind resistance and futuristic looks) and my other car is a Prius, which I also like the looks of.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts