Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way to make the power outlet on the dash always hot. I want to have a GPS plugged into it and always on like in my old Plymouth van.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Yes. (Sorry, I don't have time for details now, but it should be a pretty simple modification, and not very expensive.)

Mel

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Chuck,
I've been looking for that add a circuit info but the link in your signature is no longer valid. Little help?? Thanks
TonyB

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah, why the H do they run the power outlets through the ignition switch? I've never seen that in any other vehicle. I use them for a tire air pump, and it is a royal pain, especially the rear.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ralph said:
Yeah, why the H do they run the power outlets through the ignition switch?
I'm guessing to reduce liabilty for Honda. This way, you cant leave your cell phone, air compresser, spotlight, laptop, etc plugged in and turned ON all night and killing your battery. Also, prevents items from being left ON accidentally, which may be a fire hazard if the item pulls alot of current. I agree, it's a major pain but to rewire them is easy! ;)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
If you rewire, I'd probably set it up with a double pole switch so I could easily convert the outlet operation back to 'factory' at the flick of a switch.

I'd label the switch:

12VDC Outlets
IGN - ON

1 - 7 of 7 Posts