Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat in a 2012 LX, EX and EX-L and I wish the seat moved back a couple more inches. I'm 6'3 and change. I don't remember my 2000 EX or 2008 EX being that cramped. Gonna test drive one tomorrow and check it out.

Any tall owners comments welcome!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I've read of taller than 6'3 people not having a problem, BUT the only thing that matters is if you feel comfortable or not. If you test drive it and you don't feel comfortable, then you know the answer :dunno:

I think the car trim does not matter, all are the same.

Just make sure that you play with the telescopic steering wheel and the seat bottom tilting options before you start driving...

Enjoy

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am 6'4', and find the Odyssey quite comfortable. The left foot rest initially seemed as if it would be intrusive, but I never notice it now.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am 6'2" tall (33" inseam pants), and agree with this completely. The left footrest was initially uncomfortable but now it doesn't bother me at all..... ;)

I am 6'4', and find the Odyssey quite comfortable. The left foot rest initially seemed as if it would be intrusive, but I never notice it now.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm an average 6 ft guy (200 lbs) but I have long legs. I find it uncomfortable not to be able to stretch my left leg on the foot rest. Driver side seat is set all the way back.
On long haul drives I stop more often to be able to stretch and give my legs the needed walkabout.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm all torso and one thing I noticed and now bugs me, is I feel like I want to lower the seat more. I find especially at traffic lights I am peering through the tinted sun strip at the top of the windshield.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm 6 feet even with a 34 inch inseem and fit ok. I just push the seat almost all the way back and raise it up almost all the way up. I also pull the steering wheel all the way out towards my chest as far as it will go. What's weird is I find the front passenger seat much more cramped then the drivers seat. I feel that seat needs to go a few inches back further, but it must be due to the dash and glove box.

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm 6 feet even with a 34 inch inseem and fit ok. I just push the seat almost all the way back and raise it up almost all the way up. I also pull the steering wheel all the way out towards my chest as far as it will go. What's weird is I find the front passenger seat much more cramped then the drivers seat. I feel that seat needs to go a few inches back further, but it must be due to the dash and glove box.
6' 5" here with exactly the same take on overall room. The passenger seat is definitely cramped.

·
Registered
91 Posts
6'5" here with 36" inseam. At first I found the left foot dead pedal a bit close, but it doesn't bother me at all now. 12+ hrs. driving in a day and I was still comfortable. There's a lot more room to move your knees and legs around than in our previous BMW X5 and other cars. Lots of head room to boot.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm all torso and one thing I noticed and now bugs me, is I feel like I want to lower the seat more. I find especially at traffic lights I am peering through the tinted sun strip at the top of the windshield.
I have a buddy this is just under 6'5. They have new twins and he would love to get a Minivan but he says that he has driven several, including the Honda, and he cannot see traffic lights without physically sort of craning his neck downwards. He says he's also found many SUVs to have the same issue, with the exception of the Ford Flex.

Depends on how that height (length) is distributed I guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts