Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned in a recent thread, I replaced the outer (corner) tailight lenses on my 2001 with the 2002 lenses because I wanted amber turn signals. The total cost was just under $100 (from handa-accessories.com). Because the inners are only reflectors, I didn't replace those, saving about $120. A few people asked how it looks with amber outers and red inners, so here are some pictures.

Mike

·
Registered
596 Posts
Very nice. I hope to do mine, soon.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thank you for the pics, Mike, I'm gonna order mine soon. I just had a question, in the first picture it looks almost like the center piece (left side) has an amber tint to it. Is this due to the lighting?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it must be the lighting. The lower part of the centers is a bit lighter than the top, but it's not amber at all.

Mike

·
Registered
946 Posts
I also did it this way and I'm very happy with it. More importantly, my WIFE is very happy with it. She was the one that was concerned about the low visibility of the red turn signal at night while braking. Now when she cuts someone off at least they can see it's going to happen...

·
Registered
63 Posts
try to clear the amber part too using photoshop, that would look good, red & transparent

------------------

[This message has been edited by costcowholesale (edited 01-28-2002).]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in replacing the red turn lights with amber ones on my 2001 Ody. How easy is the installation? Do you get the installation instructions from handa-accessories?

·
Registered
188 Posts
rav_dos said:
I am interested in replacing the red turn lights with amber ones on my 2001 Ody. How easy is the installation? Do you get the installation instructions from handa-accessories?
It is really easy to install the amber's. If you know how to operate a wrench or ratchet, you can do it. The outer lens are held on by two metal fasteners and a little pointy plastic fastener facing toward the front of the van. The ones on the hatch are retained by 4 fasteners: 2 on the outside, one on the insde of the panel (you'll have to remove the access panel to the bulbs, anyway). And no, you don't have to take off the entire interior hatch panel. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts