Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Ex-L w/RES&Nav. I noticed that the ambient light was not on a few weeks ago. Is there an on/off switch that I don't know about or is it burnt out? I checked my manual but didn't see anything mentioned. Thanks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Look at the interior lighting switch beside the shifter. 3 settings, off, door only, on always. Probably on the OFF setting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried it, still nothing. Just to be clear. I'm talking about the little orange light that shines from the overhead between the map lights.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well - on the 05, the service manual pretty much states if the ambient light isn't working, you are supposed to replace the ambient light/homelink module (ouch - it's a $177 part online, $242 list!) - I don't know if it's a bulb or an LED, but for that much $, if you need the light, I'd pull the module apart and take a look - could be a reasonably painless replacement (may have some soldering involved, though) - looking at Bernardi, the 2010 is the same deal, except the homelink module is more expensive ($210/$280 list)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Luckily it is still under warranty. Just wanted to make sure it was burned out. Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
Well - on the 05, the service manual pretty much states if the ambient light isn't working, you are supposed to replace the ambient light/homelink module (ouch - it's a $177 part online, $242 list!) - I don't know if it's a bulb or an LED, but for that much $, if you need the light, I'd pull the module apart and take a look - could be a reasonably painless replacement (may have some soldering involved, though) - looking at Bernardi, the 2010 is the same deal, except the homelink module is more expensive ($210/$280 list)
I ran a search on Ambient light and found this thread. The reason for my posting in this thread is to update it with some new info; The ambient light should come on with parking lights and if it does not the LED can simply be changed. The whole unit does not need to be replaced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts