Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to install an amplifier inside the interior along the rear seat, insdie the grill work. The amp is about 13 1/2" x 12" x 2". Does anyone know if it will fit?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Since nobody else has bitten.... I thought about this, but haven't tried it. I assume you are talking about behind one of the rear panels on the sides of the van....

On the right side, there's ventilation stuff there, so I don't think there is enough space. On the left, there might be some forward of the headrest stowage area, but I think it would be too small for your amp. Maybe a small two channel or a little ADS Power Plate might fit....

If you try this, let us know if you fit something back there; I/we'd like to know. I assume if you are trying this, you know all about amp installs and the like...

One last comment I'll make (this may be obvious to you) is that if you mount the amp vertically, make sure the fins align up and down for cooling, or consider adding a fan to get flow across the fins if horizontally aligned. I've seen lots of guys install amps this way and have them overheat because of lack of air flow around the amp.

-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
1,484 Posts
I was able to securely mount a 10.8"(L) x 9"(W) amp under the driver's seat. Although I doubt a 13 x 12 amp would fit there. Is this size your only option? I've remember someone installing an amp of that size under the second row seats.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts