Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever noticed that when you lower all windows using your key fob and then open the sliding doors they don't open all the way? Now that its getting warm i like to vent the van out before loading up the kids, however when i do the doors don't slide open all the way making it hard to put in the car seats. i see no reasoning behind this. blah!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I will hazard a S.W.A.G., so that if a person or animal had their head out the window when you opened the door, it wouldn't guillotine them.

;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I "think" the reasoning is (cue lawyers)
1) roll windows down
2) child stands on middle row seat with head out of window (of course while van is parked)
3) open door

If I'm remembering correctly, the door would (if allow to open all the way) cause the childs head/neck/body to be squeezed between window frame and C pillar.

Ron

·
Administrator
14,553 Posts
Equally annoying is to be told to search. This has been beat to death in this gen of the Ody. :D

·
Administrator
14,553 Posts
Don't get me started on the neutral-or-park-to-open-side-doors crap, either... :mad:
You would be a good candidate for doing the mod to open the sliding doors in D. There is a long DYI with pix thread with pros/cons and preachings on whether or not to do the sliding door mod.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You would be a good candidate for doing the mod to open the sliding doors in D. There is a long DYI with pix thread with pros/cons and preachings on whether or not to do the sliding door mod.
Yes, I know I can do it. I've actually Searched without being told to. :D

I shouldn't have to do mod for something this ridiculous. A simple factory switch might have sufficed (even if the Lawyers mandated a business-card-sized warning sticker on the switch). :nothappy:

·
Administrator
14,553 Posts
A simple factory switch might have sufficed (even if the Lawyers mandated a business-card-sized warning sticker on the switch). :nothappy:
Yes. But that wouldn't prevent the stupids from flicking the switch off and then having a kid fall and then suing Honda. That's what we all get for being a sue happy nation. :D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yes, I know I can do it. I've actually Searched without being told to. :D

I shouldn't have to do mod for something this ridiculous. A simple factory switch might have sufficed (even if the Lawyers mandated a business-card-sized warning sticker on the switch). :nothappy:
Glad to know your life is generally going great if these are the biggest problems you face.

I have also had times (a few) where I've wanted to pull up, open the door, dump a kid out and pull away. While I've thought "oh yeah I need to put it in Park, ugh" its really not that big of a deal, and it IS safer (no argument). And can you imagine a car company designing a special switch that is called the "I am too lazy to put it in park when letting my child out and/or I want to be able to open the doors while in a slow coast as I approach the destination because my life is SOOOO busy that I can't wait the extra 3 seconds for the door to open once I actually bring the car to a full stop" switch? Good luck with that.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Glad to know your life is generally going great if these are the biggest problems you face.

I have also had times (a few) where I've wanted to pull up, open the door, dump a kid out and pull away. While I've thought "oh yeah I need to put it in Park, ugh" its really not that big of a deal, and it IS safer (no argument). And can you imagine a car company designing a special switch that is called the "I am too lazy to put it in park when letting my child out and/or I want to be able to open the doors while in a slow coast as I approach the destination because my life is SOOOO busy that I can't wait the extra 3 seconds for the door to open once I actually bring the car to a full stop" switch? Good luck with that.
+1. There's no argument in my mind to justify the sliding door mod. A little inconvenient, yes, but a whole lot safer.

·
Registered
174 Posts
+1. There's no argument in my mind to justify the sliding door mod. A little inconvenient, yes, but a whole lot safer.
+1 also.

This is coming from a guy who simultaneously pulled the rip cord on the fuel door whilst pressing the button to open the left slider...and wondered why the door wouldn't open all the way & the damn thing was beeping at me.

:duh:

·
Registered
469 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts