Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 with 162k miles.
Other day my wife says the trans was slipping badly, (her words) and all kinds of lights light up on the dash.
I am thinking rebuild, great just great, didn't do my homework on a used car and I am screwed, sorry, little fluttered here.
This is the run down and all the help/ advice/ recommendations to resolve this.
I also have a 97 with minor engine problems at 270K. Why is this happening with a newer car? (Honda reliability)
Anyways:
Flashing D on dash, TCS light lit, Check engine light, I cannot get code just yet, main issue is slips out of gear from second to third, gets into gear eventually no issue after getting passed third to D4 or on the interstate, fluid needs to be changed as it's not pink/red, here is the kicker, after warmup, and A/C turned off, the shifting issue seems to be minimal.

I do not know if the recall jet was installed, I am hoping for a new trans w/o pulling teeth.

It's going to the dealer on monday, mind you I really would appreciate options and not opinions.

Any help too please and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
fycoif: I'm in the same boat. I just bought a '03 Odyssey with 97,000 miles and the flashing "D" lit up on day-2 of my purchase from a used car dealer. I'm taking it to a Honda Dealer on Monday morning. I'm so upset with myself for not doing more research.

Anybody know - What's the time & mileage limit (if any) on this recall item? I found the recall letter on Honda's website about the transmission for '02-'04 models.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no time limit, per say, it's either done or pull teeth with the dealer to get it done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts