Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone out there having the same paint problem with their SS van ? I am a new owner and having the same problems as Tom and Andy with my new van. The problem I am running into has been similiar to Andy as I see a cloudy area in the rear quarter panel. I have met with my area service manager and it appears I am not as lucky as Tom as it appears I am going to have to take my case to the BBB autoline for a resolution. Any thoughts and has anyone taken their case above Honda ?
Thanks
Jonas

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm still waiting to meet with the DSM for Honda, though I doubt he'll do anything and I"ll end up having to go above him or to the BBB.

It's just very frustrating that Honda won't admit that they have a problem and fix it before it happens. If they can't paint the vans well, then they shouldn't offer the color.

Andy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Andy,

I know how you feel. Let's keep each other posted on this development. I have spoken with Tom since he had the same problem(who has been very helpful)and he did give me a lot of tips on how to deal with Honda. At this time, I have spoken with an attorney and it appears if its is a warranty defect, Honda does reserve the right to repaint the van per warranty and if that does not prove to be successful after a number of times, then other means might be offered. The question is how bad is the van and can we live with the defect ? If we chose to fight Honda through BBB, do we have a strong enough case to get a replacement without giving them the opportunity to make the van look even worse? In my particular case, the cloudy paint is on the rear passenger quarter panel. Do I prefer to have a prefect van, of course. Can I live with the imperfection, probably provided I get some other financial relief from Honda ( IE Extended warranty, cargo cover, fog lamps etc)
Please email me and keep this open and see if we can help and support each other
thanks
Jonas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts