Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, small question about the SS camaro wheels, do you install the wheels as it comes with the camaro either, 8 in front and 9 in back or you buy 4 wheel with the same width?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I kept it 8's (245/45) in front and 9's (275/40) in the rear. However, I think it should be 8's all the way around. Although the wide tire looks good in the back, the tire sits flush with the fender and rubbed when I had a van full of people and luggage at stock height. Then I went to H&R springs and rubbed horrible, on every little bump in the road...

You can say roll the fender, get helper bags, which I have, but the easiest solution is just to use 8's all around.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I wouldn't stagger wheel and tire sizes on a FWD minivan or car. It may look nice, but it's terrible from a handling standpoint. You'll suffer from increased understeer.

You can't rotate tires. Tire costs increases (compare prices for a 245 vs 275 width tire). Rear clearance can be an issue.

·
Registered
74 Posts
+1
It’s funny seeing people running a staggered setup with a wider rear tire on a FWD car. They either don’t understand cars, or they do understand it’s wrong but care more about the looks. I’m not sure which scenario is better. Lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
i know this is super dated but just saw this. . although a staggered setup does create under steer especially in FWD vehicles, these are minivans we're talking about; The lower pro tire with a stiffer sidewall would still be an improvement over stock, predictable and most importantly better looking, LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts