Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since the end of June when we bought our 2000 Honda Odyssey EX we have replace the front A/C Compressor, the harmonic balancer, and now 2 days ago the Transmission went out. I do not know what to do. Has this year and model always had so many problems? Oh and I forgot the left door doesn't latch properly and the auto open will not work for it. Any suggestions?:confused:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Allison, it's a 10 year old van, so someproblems are going to happen. Transmissions are a problem on that year. If you replaced it you should be good to go now.

Regarding the sliding doors, they are a bit touchy, do some searching through the forum. There is a TON of information on the doors.

Don't give up on your Odyssey yet. Fixing the transmission should be the biggest hassle you will face.

Good luck

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yes the trans is a common problem for that generation of odyssey. I believe there was even a class action law suit.

To have the a/c compressor last 10 years is pretty good. I have had a/c problems over the years of any older vehicle I have had (cadillac, saab, and chevrolet).

Not sure what a harmonic balancer is. Any vehicle that is older is going to have its problems, you just have to decide what is safety, what you can live with, and what is driveability.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The honda groupies like to spout how great it is when the 99 to 01 has a terrible record with Transmission problems, EGR problems and many more. I think it is funny haw you still read Honda Quality. Just do a search and you will see all the problems in the gen 2 ODY, especially the 99-01.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I dunno, in comparison to a lot of other vehicles. My 01 has had almost no issues in about 50k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts