Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the van on a 240 mile round trip to the Monterey Peninsula yesterday. Had 5 adults and 1 child plus the day-trip luggage. A/C on all the way,speeds average of 70mph.Nice and stable just like our last trip. Adequate power even with the load.Averaged 22mpg.Now have 1700 miles.
Only complaint is that when I checked my oil level this morning, it was right below the lower dot. Anyone have their oil go down this fast ? Don't know if it's just part of the break-in period or what.

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX
http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4292654815

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
Only complaint is that when I checked my oil level this morning, it was right below the lower dot. Anyone have their oil go down this fast ? Don't know if it's just part of the break-in period or what.
</font>
I'm positive that's what it is. You only have 1700 miles? We got our van 12/30/00 and we have 7,000 miles. Only 193,000 more to go before I'm happy.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
You only have 1700 miles? We got our van 12/30/00 and we have 7,000 miles. Only 193,000 more to go before I'm happy.
[/B]</font>
Jim,
Unfortunately with our gas prices, we're trying to keep our driving down. most of my wife's driving is usually within a 10 mile radius.
Plus I have this "thing" about car mileage. When our '91 Civic was stolen in '98, It only had 42k !!

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX
http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4292654815

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
When our '91 Civic was stolen in '98, It only had 42k !!
</font>
Oh man ... that would make me sick.

When I moved from Atlanta to Houston in '98, my '93 SE-R had 39K. I had it shipped to Houston in an 18 wheelers. How's that for prissy.

I'm over it now. It's my daily driver, has 85K on it now and I race it.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
196 Posts
Originally posted by hachiroku:
Plus I have this "thing" about car mileage. When our '91 Civic was stolen in '98, It only had 42k !!

I'm with you. My 97' Camry just turned 22,200. It still runs like the day it was new. Not a rattle. I like to make my cars last. Drove my 1981 Ford E150 for 16 years. Of coarse I lived in San Jose for most of that time and rust was a non issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts