Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically, has the stupid driver’s armrest problem been solved?

Any other observations?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I haven’t driven a 2022. But the driver arm rest issue must be limited to the 2018 production run. We have a 2019 and 2020 without this problem.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven’t driven a 2022. But the driver arm rest issue must be limited to the 2018 production run. We have a 2019 and 2020 without this problem.
I became aware of the problem by noticing it when test driving a 2020, so it certainly still happens in the 2020’s.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just drove a 2021 touring and 2022 elite this weekend and can confirm the drivers armrest doesn’t go as low as the passenger.

Would have never checked if I hadn’t seen it here.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just drove a 2021 touring and 2022 elite this weekend and can confirm the drivers armrest doesn’t go as low as the passenger.

Would have never checked if I hadn’t seen it here.
Right I also stopped in to the dealer and confirmed the same. I had previously asked about it so the salesman had sourced an answer from Honda Canada - which was supposedly that it is to help prevent driver arm fatigue. To that I say:

a) I have never had arm fatigue with my 2011 armrest in lowest position x 10 years
b) You could just set it higher if this was a real problem

So it remains unclear why this decision was made, IMO. The salesman agreed that this answer was probably BS.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Right I also stopped in to the dealer and confirmed the same. I had previously asked about it so the salesman had sourced an answer from Honda Canada - which was supposedly that it is to help prevent driver arm fatigue. To that I say:

a) I have never had arm fatigue with my 2011 armrest in lowest position x 10 years
b) You could just set it higher if this was a real problem

So it remains unclear why this decision was made, IMO. The salesman agreed that this answer was probably BS.
True, I can’t tell you how many accidents I have had in my truck that doesn’t have an armrest from arm fatigue, oh wait, yes I can, none.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts