Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lease is up in the beginning of August. I currently pay $260 a minth and I have been told that will never happen again. I am willing to buy but the lowest price I have is about $30,500 out the door. Is that truly the best it will be? Is there a chance it will go lower in August when the 07 may be coming out?

Thanks for the insight
CCNJ1

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hope so! I too will be out of a lease come Aug and the Ody is the 1st choice for a new vehicle. That is why I have been on this forum and doing as much research as I can to make sure I get the best price possible.

Unfortunatly, new auto's are expensive. I am wanting leather which puts the price for a new van at around 30k, no matter what the make.

From what I understand there aren't big rebates or incentives. I heard there may be some financing options or a $500 rebate but thats about it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Historically Honda has had financing and lease incentives and/or a non advertised extra cash incentive to the dealer. How each individual dealer handles these incentives can vary by dealer and location.

Knowing if there is an extra cash incentive to the dealer is important in negotiating a price. Edmunds can be checked for the cash incentive to dealers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Right now in Chicago you can buy a new odyssey at well below
invoice. we have an incentive to move cars.

I am afraid if you wait your choice will be narrow and prices may
actually be more.

Carr

·
Registered
2 Posts
Price on an EX

Hi Carr-
My wife and I are looking for an Odyssey EX, in Sage Brush Pearl. We're far away out in CA, but I wouldn't mind a trip to Chicago, especially seeing the positive comments you've received on this board. You had mentioned they were selling below invoice, what kind of price can you get me?

Thanks,
Brant

·
Registered
36 Posts
Carr, what is the price for Ody Touring Navi and RES. thanks.. buy another one from you again, bought the S2K two months ago. thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
To everyone

I will sell any Odyssey I have in stock thru the end of this month at $401 below dealer invoice.

This is the same as selling at the 99 over invoice, but taking in to account the factory to dealer incentive.

Hope this helps

Those of you waiting on the 07's

I will probably post up something in August like I have in past years. Order early and get a great price on an 2007 for delivery Oct - Dec

Keep watching this space.
Carr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Price and delivery

Hi Carr:

Can you give me a price on the EX-L RES in Ocean Mist? I live in NJ and will not be able to get to Chicago, but what would delivery be lik?

Cathy
04 Lease owner

·
Registered
133 Posts
try to do three at once here

EX cloth invoice 26101.71

Touring Res Navi invoice 35447.51

EXL res invoice 29696.25

Deduct $401 from above prices for delivery prior to July 1, 06

These prices do include freight but in Illiniois and several other states you will have to add taxes.

We also charge a 57.33 doc fee and a driveway for out of state use of $10.00

Hope this answers questions
Carr

·
Registered
3 Posts
bdebeez, My wife just bought her 06 Ody EX-L in CA this weekend, 1200 below invoice. You don't need a trip to Chicago, just check Anderson Honda in Palo Alto. Cash rebate incentive ends July 5. So you may want to buy it before that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks

Thank you Carr and wrzhu for the helpful responses. This forum has been a great tool for researching the Ody. We found a used '03 for 16k, which is looking pretty tempting. Obviously not as nice as the '06, but even with the current deals about 10k cheaper. We might still go for the new one, but I'm going to see what shape this used one is in first.

Thanks for the info on when the deals are expiring - I'm going to have to make up my mind soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
bdebeez, if you buy new, dealer will try to sell you Honda care warranty. Personally I feel the warranty worth to have, but don't get rip of on the price. In my case, I paid 1000 for 7yr/80000 mile 0 dedi with money back if I don't use it at the end. The same package without money back feature shall sell at 700-800. The dealer was asking for 1990 and quite pushing. Just be aware. You can always get the same warranty elsewhere before 6k miles.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The price is a fair value for the warranty but HONDA does not sell a warranty that gives you money back if you do not use it.

If a dealer is offering this to you make sure you get it in writing.

While I do not know the specifics about this dealer, I know of no one who ever gets the money back......

old saying "if it sounds to good to be true it probably is"
Insuarance companies don't give you the money back if you don't file a claim.

just my thoughts
carr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts