Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Try to sell it ASAP

Votes: 1 8.3%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Transmission is slipping, getting a PO700 code. My 1st transmission, the body's well-dinged but I adore this car.

Advice?

Worth calling Honda to see if I can get a discount on the replacement?

·
Super Moderator
13,644 Posts
My BIL with a 2001 Oddy LX with 109K miles didn't even bother asking. Once you reach 100K, you should expect to spend money one way or the other and I don't see Honda paying you a dime to help you out @ 155K. You can ask but I doubt they'll give you anything. They didn't give my buddy anything and he has a 2003 with only 76K and he even wrote a letter to the Directors without luck.

If I were you and I adored the car, I'd stick in a Jasper (that's exactly what my BIL did) out of pocket.

So, all I can do is wish you luck.

·
Registered
747 Posts
dvpatel said:
If I were you and I adored the car, I'd stick in a Jasper (that's exactly what my BIL did) out of pocket.
What is a Jasper? BTW, we had 152K with a bad tranny and did not bother. Got a new one (2010 EXL-R&N).

·
Super Moderator
13,644 Posts
DavidGSR said:
What is a Jasper? BTW, we had 152K with a bad tranny and did not bother. Got a new one (2010 EXL-R&N).
Its an aftermaket rebuilt transmission. Several posts on Jasper on here. Bit pricey but seems to be worth it if you don't want to fork over money for a new car and the rest of the car sans tranny is good.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's hard to answer this question without lots more contextual information. Is this a point in your life where you would get another van or could you switch to something smaller/more economical/more appropriate to your current needs. How much money do you have?/Is this a good time to switch vehicles? etc. etc.

I guess my point is that the answer depends more on your situation than on the vehicle itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts