Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
I've had a DDM Apexcone H4 55W 5000K kit for 4 years in my 2001. I have had issues but DDM has resolved them under lifetime warranty. The warranty is why I chose them. Make sure to get the lifetime warranty product. The bulbs went after 3 years but I was sent new ones. I would buy again and I can't go back to halogens - too much of a difference.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bought a set for my accord 5 years ago. (slim kit) No problems so far. So when I got my odyssey that first thing I changed out immediately. The only thing that bugged me with my last purchase was that the kits are now shipped from China vs San Diego when I first purchased them. So far has been trouble free with my recent purchase.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Hchanrn. Might pull the trigger very soon since daytime here is very short now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Forget the fog light upgrade, my DDM HID mod is good and bright enough.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So the update on my DDM tuning HID kit that is now shipped from China... Still no problems. I opt'd for the relay harness since I did not want to draw current from the original light harness. Figure if something goes wrong down the road with the electrical, one less reason for them to say that I should not draw power from the original electrical system for the lights. One thing to note was that I really had to cram the plugs in from the original wiring in to the relay wiring to get a good connection. Did some trouble shooting when I first hooked up because nothing lit up. Came down to the connections at the plugs. Just make sure everything is REALLY snug.

So for those who haven't done so...get your HID kit upgrade. The difference is well worth the amount for the kit.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have two sets for two years. No problems. DDM illumination quality excellent. I had other kits but light temperatures did not match and sometimes flickered. BTW, always use relay harness to be safe. I did problem with my electrical system for not using the harness.
Late post but hope this helps.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW, always use relay harness to be safe. I did problem with my electrical system for not using the harness.
Thanks for the reply. How many relays are you allowed to use anyways? I am already using two, one for the Driving lights and another for the air horns. Can I use another one?

~Mindoro

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the reply. How many relays are you allowed to use anyways? I am already using two, one for the Driving lights and another for the air horns. Can I use another one?

~Mindoro
I am not quite sure how many. But I am only using one Relay Harness and they look like this.
Xenon HID Conversion Kit Relay Wiring Harness H1 H8 H9 H11 9005 9006 9140 9145 | eBay

The power is drawn directly from battery. When I used my HID kit on my other car, sometimes radio resets and finally one of the blinking light permanently stayed on. I was only able to turn it off by disconnecting battery. Dealer fixed it under warranty (removed HID kits before going to dealer). Since installing Wiring Relay Harness, no issues for 1 1/2 years.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just got a ddm for my ody. Only problem is the auto light function. Sometimes only one side comes on. I am using relays. If manual turn off and on, they both work w/ no problems. Retro fits comming soon.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so i ended up buying my bud's VVME 35w, 4300K kit and installed them this w/e. what a difference over oem and so far no issues sans relay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered my HID kit on 3/29. How long did it take for you guys to recieve your kits after order? Seems like mine has been sitting at a sort facility in China for 5 days.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My bud's VVME took under a week, shipped from China he says. But I've been hearing DDM takes a while to rcve.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine shipped from China and took a little over a week.

I can't give a long term review - I installed the kit and had a bad bulb - switched the ballast etc and still couldn't get it to work.

I sent it back to ddm, they said its good and its $10 for me to get it back and that their $15 wire harness may work - so the "fix" is nearly the cost of the original kit! My advise is to stay away! I know others have had better luck and I wish it would have for me...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know that this subject is about DDM HID kits, anyone tried the IJDMTOY or TRS HID kits? I'm looking at all three and am torn which one to go with. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I know that this subject is about DDM HID kits, anyone tried the IJDMTOY or TRS HID kits? I'm looking at all three and am torn which one to go with. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I'd go with TRS or XenonDepot for their kits. I've got the TRS kit and love it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Went with a TRS Morimoto D2S projector retro. My thoughts after over about a year-and-a-half on these:

1.) Better light than a simple bulb replacement HID kit ("plug-and-play"). No glare IF level (see #4.)
2.) Light pattern not as good as a longer OEM-style projector, too much light in the foreground.
3.) Need to mod D2S projector with a shield to limit foreground light if it proves to bother you.
4.) TRS H4 adapter ring is incorrectly machined. Projector does NOT level. You will piss off oncoming traffic and get a ticket. Have to mod that adapter ring to make it a level cutoff. The excessive foreground light is minor compared to this un-level mounting problem, which is the single major problem with this kit. I was able to make it right, but for those that want a "drop-in" solution after baking apart a set of H4 headlights for retrofit, TRS is not the one you want unless TRS fixes this problem.

Just food for thought.

OF

1 - 20 of 23 Posts