Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<big><font color=purple>Odyssey shoppers in OR, WA or ID-- can you recommend a good Honda dealer in your state. Preferably one that offers great service and a price below MSRP (I know--next to impossible, right?)

Also, can you please explain the steps involved in placing an order for one? About how long will it take?

Thanks in advance.</big></font>

·
Registered
18 Posts
I placed mine in The Dalles OR www.autocost.com (Talk to Connie Ford). Great experience, but you will not find it under MSRP. This was the only place I could find AT MSRP. They are presold out, but you can probably order one for the next shipment. You will wait about 3 months (I did) but it is worth it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lurkerdave. Guess what? Connie Ford was the first person I contaced after I drove one at Beaverton Honda (would never buy one there!). She emailed me back saying that she's had no trouble selling them at MSRP and that she wouldn't get more in until November. Did you search any other dealers in Oregon or even in Washington or Idaho?

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did some pretty extensive searching. I couldn't find any below, and very few at MSRP. My experience with them was fantastic.

I think if you do a huge search, you may eventually find one for $500 under, but it will cost you $500 to get it delivered from TENN.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
Larry Miller Honda in Boise wants to charge over $28,000 for an '02 Ody LX -- that's about $4000 over list price as I understand it. We got them to knock off about $1500, and they give free carwashes for life, free flat tire fixes, tire rotation, and are generally nice people, and perhaps most importantly, it should be delivered in 3 weeks in the color we want. But still, I never thought I'd pay $2500 over list price. The only other Honda dealer within 100 miles is in Caldwell, and I plan on getting a quote from them just to put more pressure on.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Abraham, you can buy one out of state for at or below msrp, have it delivered, and still save over $2500. There is no need to pay that outrageous mark up!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got my Ody '02 GG/RES, after waiting 10 days (a nice surprise, since they quoted 2-3 weeks) from Renton Honda (Washington). Those guys were super; high volumes allow them to get quicker allocations from Honda, so the wait is usually only about 10 days to 3 weeks, AND, you can get pretty close to MSRP (if not at MSRP). Another dealer willing to do MSRP is Honda Tacoma (talk to Kieran Regan), but the wait might be 45-60 days. Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by forgaming (edited 10-14-2001).]

·
Registered
2 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by johnkalajian:
Abraham, you can buy one out of state for at or below msrp, have it delivered, and still save over $2500. There is no need to pay that outrageous mark up!</font>
OK I talked to the folks in Caldwell, and they were willing to go MSRP. However, as much as I'd like to think that our little '96 Nissan is worth $5600, it's wholesale value is about $1000 less. So when you factor that in, I was really paying only $1500 over. When I told them about the quote from Caldwell, they agreed to at least throw in keyless entry. I think that's worth about $500, so that brings me down to within $1000 of MSRP. Given the exceptional services that I mentioned earlier, I think it's worth $1000 to stay in my own neighborhood and get it in only three weeks.

Maybe I'll report back here after we get it, but for now, the reason we got it is crying and wants her bottle :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by abraham:
However, as much as I'd like to think that our little '96 Nissan is worth $5600, it's wholesale value is about $1000 less. So when you factor that in, I was really paying only $1500 over.
</font>
Abraham--did you think about just selling your Nissan to a private party? Dealers almost always get you somewhere (apologies to any dealers out there in this forum), especially with trade-ins. Trading in might make sense at higher values (tax break, etc.), but not so much at the range you're talking about. Granted, you'd have to advertise and deal with buyers, but I'd think that the payoff is surely worth it--just look at the price differentials in www.kellybluebook.com.

------------------
(o: Terry :eek:)
'02 GG RES

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Hondaboy,
I'm a salesperson at Beaverton Honda and would like to know if you had a bad experience?
Would you mind telling me what happened and who you dealt with? When a customer is dissatisfied with a shopping experience it hurts the whole dealership, though it may be the fault of only one person.
Sometimes it's a breakdown in communication or it could just be a BAD salesperson or manager.
I'd like to apologize for your experience and I'm sure Bob Lanphere would like to know what happened also. Unlike many salespeople I actually do care about my customer's satisfaction.
  • I'd also like to correct a statement someone said about our prices on Odysseys. $33,000
    For an EX cloth? That would be WAY out of line.
  • We price Odysseys at $1495. over MSRP. With this we include paint protection, Interior fabric protection and a rubberized undercoating. Normally we'll make a deal somewhere between msrp and the $1495 over. Depending on availability, allocation and what the car market is doing that day. We also can usually deliver the van within 30 days and as soon as we have the VIN number we give it to you, most of the time the same day you make the deal. Getting the VIN number insures you are not being strung along waiting for a nonexistent van. I would also like to extend my services to anyone who is looking for an Odyssey. Just tell me what you expect and how you would like things to go and I will do my best to cater your experience to your wants and needs. Just think of me as burger king. You can have it your way. If anybody would like to talk to me in person,
    my number is: (503)643-5577
    My name is Ken Nix and I would be happy to try to answer any questions you have, If I don't have the answer I'll try to find someone who can answer the question for you. I would also like to thank you, hondaboy, for the post. We don't know what to correct if we don't know there is a problem.
    Thanks again,
    Ken Nix Beaverton Honda

[This message has been edited by Ken Nix (edited 01-23-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Ken Nix (edited 01-23-2002).]

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hondaboy, I got my SS EXL-RES from Renton honda (Puget Sound area) and had a similar experience to what forgaming experienced. The guy i got it from was richard ewing, he was very persistent about finding me the car, it took close to a month by the time i got it but that was partly my fault since i was waiting for a car from another dealer (had a deposit for one from Burien) when he called the first time, and told me to come down and put a deposit down (they don't accept depoists till they get a VIN from the factory). The other dealer never panned thru so i called renton back. I paid $500 over MSRP which was okay for an Ody, but the other dealers in the area, Bellevue and Kirkland were charging $3000 and $2000 over respectively. The Bellevue guy even told me, "listen, you will never get a EXL-RES for 500 over, they will string you along, and when you wake up you will call me back for one". Bellevue is the largest volume dealer in the northwest. I left him a message after i got my car and told him, ya, I must be sitting in something other than an ody!!" Anyways, of the dealers in the northwest, only Capitol city in olympia and south tacoma honda were willing to sell at MSRP, they were both atleast 2-3 months wait. I even tried a few dealers in Oregon but they all wanted $1500 over, that's too much to pay. good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also looked at an EX-RES that was on the lot at Larry Miller in Boise, sticker on the window had MSRP and then added a $4000 "Market Adjustment". OUCH!

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have been researching the prices in the Seattle area for the last couple of weeks. Capitol City in Olympia and South Tacoma are both quoting MSRP +$500 for an EX and EX-L. Most every other dealer is quoting $1500 to $2500 over MSRP. I have yet to commit, so I do not know how much negotiating room there is in these quotes. But heck, I would be willing to drive 30 - 45 minutes to save $1500.

·
Registered
317 Posts
seattleseeker, when i went looking for a 2002 EXL-RES in Nov. capitol city and south tocoma were both offering them at MSRP and Renton offered at +500. I only went with renton cause they could get it to me before xmas and the other two said Feb/Mar. Speak to Chris stacy at south tocoma, try emailing him, that's how much the internet price was. If you want to fork out over MSRP, call Richard Ewing at Renton Honda and tell him Ken Young told you via the Ody website that you could get a Ody for $500 over. He said that he would honor that price before when we spoke after i picked it up. I hope its still there. otherwise, bellevue, kirkland, seattle all charge between $1500 to $3000 over. I got mine with the appearance package thrown in, not much, just pin stripes (which i would have prefered without, but okay) and the wheel well trim. if you still have problems, let me know and i will call him and find out what the problem is. Ken.

·
Registered
3 Posts
G'day,
I too enquired at Larry Miller in Boise, and was put off by the dutch auction they were running. No choice on color or trim, they got them in, and auctioned off to the highest bidder. Would not even consider them in future for any purchase.
Ended up going to Tom Scott in Caldwell, paid MSRP but could not have asked for better service. They were great, and will go back again.
Great van.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts