Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Honda made any hardware changes in the RES since 2018 even minor? How about in the software? If there is newer software can the older cars be upgraded?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Has Honda made any hardware changes in the RES since 2018 even minor? How about in the software? If there is newer software can the older cars be upgraded?
The rear control module has been updated several times. Ours was replaced under warranty to fix CabinWatch and BluRay issues. It’s an over $1,000 part. If you look at the last digits of a part number you can see revisions. For example, an A01 part (or C01 in Canada) is usually the first version of a part and A02, A03, etc. can represent revised parts or new suppliers. You will see several parts revised quietly per year on a model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Are the changes worthwhile? $1000 sounds about right but also not worth it out of pocket. I could just get a new 2020 but an older model would be a significant savings too. Kids and all.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks. Are the changes worthwhile? $1000 sounds about right but also not worth it out of pocket. I could just get a new 2020 but an older model would be a significant savings too. Kids and all.
For me I had to have it. We spent two years with a brand new car with a completely non-working RES. Multiple dealers couldn’t fix it and were told by Honda to wait for a fix. Finally a dealer called saying a fix was ready and swapped in the new A32 rear control module. As far as buying used, many 2018s will be still under warranty and I’m very happy with my 2018 at this stage. I would just get one either with original warranty or some amount of extended warranty so you can get any issues covered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts