Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm trying to find an EX-L and am very flexible on color but am trying to avoid the "because we can" premium. Has anyone had any luck?

Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered my 2002 Odyssey EX-L RRP two months ago from Hillside Honda. I am paying MSRP. Is that good price? By the way, I was told my Odssey will be here the end of this month.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wallstreet123456:
Yes, try Hillside Honda in Queens. Manny is very nice</font>

------------------

·
Registered
55 Posts
every dealer i've checked with in new jersey has quoted MSRP, as has staten island honda
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gettin'AVan:
Hi - I'm trying to find an EX-L and am very flexible on color but am trying to avoid the "because we can" premium. Has anyone had any luck?

Thanks.
</font>

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow - every dealer here in Westchester wants $1,500 to $2,500 over.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gary:
every dealer i've checked with in new jersey has quoted MSRP, as has staten island honda </font>

·
Registered
40 Posts
Try P.S. honda in Manhasset I'am getting my MB2002LX at MSRP the number is 1-516-487-8900 try Frank Avella he has been the best salesman I have ever had

·
Registered
122 Posts
rudyp

I agree Daryll is a nice guy, but a little flakey.....I order my Ody from PS Honda the week before pricing came out. They never ordered until the 3rd week in August (Oct allocation) was promised the car last week at the latest. He offered me a SS Navi and RES last week. Was that car your color of choice??

I told him that don't call me unless you have Mesa Beige...OK. He calls me with every color but Mesa Beige and then wants me to get my credit applications in before the van shows up...Hey Daryll when is my van coming in????....Uh...talk to Barry the sales manager......Hello....Who is working for the $3,000 markup......

Cancelled the sale this week. Nardy Honda in Smithtown got my car. I dealt with Syed. He is the Asst Sales Manager. No BS!!!! Was promised a build date this week and managed to secure the car to me by next week. The car is reroute to Long Island via Tenn. Ody orders are getting cancelled there.

BTW I am getting an EXL-RES in Mesa Beige for MSRP. Traded a 2001 GG EX with 22,000 miles for $24,200. They give great trade-ins especially Honda. I bought the 2001 at Hillside Honda. The sales guys at Hillside are idiots. This is my neighborhood dealer. Service is great. Sales sucks!!! Check your car carefully there. The tried to coverup 2 dings and a scratch on my car. I made them fix it through my US Attorney friend.

Nardy or PS Honda are better IMHO

·
Registered
73 Posts
We went ot PS Honda first, but their policy was vague. The pricing was MSRP, but they put my name on a list and they would call me a shipment comes in. No one is allocated a Ody, all you get is a place on a list. If you color comes in, great - assuming someone on the list ahead of you doesn't get it first. If the color you want is popular, you could wait months, or maybe not...

We went to North Shore Honda in Glen Head (Nassau County); I worked with Harold. I chose my car and my color, they told me when it was coming and there was no further questions. I paid MSRP also. I got the first '02 LX. I love it.

Good luck; I'm sure you can find one at MSRP.

Bryan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yup . I got the color I wanted. Put my name on a list. two months ago. I got the same thing about it wasn't in speak to Barry Etc etc. But it came in when they said. Just in time to return my Jeep. which, its 3 year lease was up.
I wanted it just the way I got it. I didn't want the Leather but had no choice if I wanted the Nav system. The leather is real nice, Light Gray with a two tone touch on the doors and dash. Only thing is that the Navi system Dims when you turn the lights on and you can't see it during the day if you turn on your lights. Brightness control didn't help much. The radio is just fine. I don't need to update the speakers.
It rides great, just have to get out of Jeep Mode, I can't climb sidewalks, I do Press work and sometimes have to park in the craziest places.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts