Honda Odyssey Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry to keep asking, it's great to find someone with the same issue. We've not really had a good go at the tether because we've always had the option of the car seat so far. You are getting a 2000, but doesn't it have different seating? I'm sure I read that they have diagonal belts in all seats after 1999, have you seen the car you are buying?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Julia,

No problem.. I haven't seen mine yet, but as far as I know all 7 seaters have only a lap belt in the middle seat, even the 2006 model !

Remember these forums mainly cater for the USA vehicles, hence the reference to different models, generations 1 2 etc, sliding doors, no AWD ... So if your seatbelt expectations for the '99 were based on this forum, it may be a USA reference.

There are Ody's all over NZ yards, check TradeMe or AutoPoint etc and email few to see what's provided for the '99. I'll know soon anyway..

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
cheers, I'll have a look, but most don't say anything about seatbelts and even tho they have a 60/40 split seat (yours will I'm sure, the ones on Trade me after 1999 do) they don't mention the middle belt type. But would be great to have a solid back to the middle seat.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey all I'm a kiwi from Auckland =D

Only 19 but I have some crazy plans for an Odyssey at some stage in the next few years.. h22a+turbo mm So yeah howsit going :stupid:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

Hi guys, another new Odyssey member - a 1999 model with the Vtec engine, freshly imported from Japan with 73k on the clock, looking really nice. We're in Wellington so we took it for a drive around the hills - went up and down with no trouble at all. The family is really stoked with all the gadgets to play with - definitely the nicest car we've ever owned. From an American perspective I think this would be the equivalent of an Isuzu Oasis.

When I was hunting I was really struck by the number of second-hand Odysseys on the market here - 753 on Autotrader: it was the largest single number moel that I could readily see and I'm quite sure that it was the largest number of big vehicles. There was more Odysseys for sale than there were Corollas (581). Now that I'm driving an Odyssey I'm really struck by the number on the road. When we were shopping there were huge numbers of the 97-99 model range available, a rather smaller number of the Japanese 2000-2004 and none at all over 2004. Which shows the absolute dominance of the Japanese imports and their extraordinarily good value.

It was great to read about the site that has the translated handbooks - did that work out for you? I was wondering whether to buy from them or see if Honda had any manuals around, after all they did sell them retail here for a while. Apart from anything else I would like to know how to change a tyre.

It's a great site and clearly very friendly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

Hi guys, another new Odyssey member - a 1999 model with the Vtec engine, freshly imported from Japan with 73k on the clock, looking really nice. We're in Wellington so we took it for a drive around the hills - went up and down with no trouble at all. The family is really stoked with all the gadgets to play with - definitely the nicest car we've ever owned. From an American perspective I think this would be the equivalent of an Isuzu Oasis.

When I was hunting I was really struck by the number of second-hand Odysseys on the market here - 753 on Autotrader: it was the largest single number moel that I could readily see and I'm quite sure that it was the largest number of big vehicles. There was more Odysseys for sale than there were Corollas (581). Now that I'm driving an Odyssey I'm really struck by the number on the road. When we were shopping there were huge numbers of the 97-99 model range available, a rather smaller number of the Japanese 2000-2004 and none at all over 2004. Which shows the absolute dominance of the Japanese imports and their extraordinarily good value.

It was great to read about the site that has the translated handbooks - did that work out for you? I was wondering whether to buy from them or see if Honda had any manuals around, after all they did sell them retail here for a while. Apart from anything else I would like to know how to change a tyre.

It's a great site and clearly very friendly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
daisy said:
cheers, I'll have a look, but most don't say anything about seatbelts and even tho they have a 60/40 split seat (yours will I'm sure, the ones on Trade me after 1999 do) they don't mention the middle belt type. But would be great to have a solid back to the middle seat.
Well I have now received my gleaming 2000 [RA9], and can confirm there is only a lapbelt for the middle seat in the middle row. While being a 60/40 split, the inside edge of the 60 seatback is also an armrest which locks upright, so the tether strap can either go over the top or through the 'crack'.

Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: Thanks

nzfields said:
Cheers for that, Its really what I thought, its just a bit anoying as I cant set the damn clock!!! You don't knw where the brain of the unit is located do you?
I have just received my 2000 [RA9] and was wondering if anyone has since solved the issues of:
(1) resetting the Navigation System Clock to NZ time
(2) being able to use the Navigation System - ie with NZ Maps
(3) utilising the dashboard TV
(4) translating the japanese screen menu

Cheers,

·
Registered
308 Posts
The dash TV would be in NTSC format, over here we use PAL format for TV so I don't think it would work. Best bet would to get a new screen :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
trend.whore said:
The dash TV would be in NTSC format, over here we use PAL format for TV so I don't think it would work. Best bet would to get a new screen :D

I manage to tune it successfully to receive TV1, but there only sound without image. :D

81 - 92 of 92 Posts