Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visiting dealerships tomorrow.
Please let me know if there are any incentives going on or will be coming out. Honda website shows 2.9% apr. I also read on prices paid thread that some got .9%. Is this correct? Thanks again.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ody is on short supply. Many dealers are out of this. Do not understand why you expect this.
Why isn't he entitled to ask? The van was in short supply over Memorial Day weekend too and there was .9% financing then.

To the OP, I think the .9% was from Memorial DaY weekend. I believe the 2.9% is the current rate. Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ody is on short supply. Many dealers are out of this. Do not understand why you expect this.
I expect myself to be as informed as possible when making any purchase.
Do you?:DD

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why isn't he entitled to ask? The van was in short supply over Memorial Day weekend too and there was .9% financing then.

To the OP, I think the .9% was from Memorial DaY weekend. I believe the 2.9% is the current rate. Good luck!
So the .9% was not a myth after all. Thanks for clearing it up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So the .9% was not a myth after all. Thanks for clearing it up.
I got my Odyssey EX during memorial day weekend for zero down 0.9 % financing. Currently odyssey does not have any special financing offers from AHF. They are giving only lease specials on LX models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Today, my dealer told me that 0.9% for Odysseys is coming back. They had been told about it yesterday, but Honda hasn't put it on their website yet. We agreed to a deal for a 2011 Touring that they will take delivery of in a month. The surprising thing, to me, is that they are able to lock-in the 0.9% today for a vehicle that they won't have for a month. We had to give them a $500 non-refundable deposit in order to hold the van and the rate.

As buyers, we tend to look at these financing deals relative to supply and demand. However, in this case it appears that Honda is offering the low rate in order to keep their dealerships happy. In other words, now they will be able to sell cars today that they won't have until July or even August. I know that dealer inventories here in Central Ohio are really down, especially for Odysseys.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Today, my dealer told me that 0.9% for Odysseys is coming back. They had been told about it yesterday, but Honda hasn't put it on their website yet. We agreed to a deal for a 2011 Touring that they will take delivery of in a month. The surprising thing, to me, is that they are able to lock-in the 0.9% today for a vehicle that they won't have for a month. We had to give them a $500 non-refundable deposit in order to hold the van and the rate.

As buyers, we tend to look at these financing deals relative to supply and demand. However, in this case it appears that Honda is offering the low rate in order to keep their dealerships happy. In other words, now they will be able to sell cars today that they won't have until July or even August. I know that dealer inventories here in Central Ohio are really down, especially for Odysseys.
Did they run credit score check for you? Without that they cannot guarantee the rate. AHF policy typically is 720 + fico score will get the best rate (0.9 %). Also, they probably have the VIN numbers of the vehicles they will be getting from honda. the VIN # is integral to the rate lock.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Visiting dealerships tomorrow.
Please let me know if there are any incentives going on or will be coming out. Honda website shows 2.9% apr. I also read on prices paid thread that some got .9%. Is this correct? Thanks again.
Earlier today I received a .9% financing email from a dealer but unfortunately I emptied it from my junk box. So it would appear the .9 coming back is is accurate...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for chiming in.
All of a sudden I feel excited about the Odyssey.:DD

·
Registered
507 Posts
Earlier today I received a .9% financing email from a dealer but unfortunately I emptied it from my junk box. So it would appear the .9 coming back is is accurate...
It could be coming back... but the e mail I got to day said the .9% was on the Accord.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thank you all for chiming in.
All of a sudden I feel excited about the Odyssey.:DD

I got 0.9% financing last memorial day!! it may be true that they will offer it again this coming july 4th.. I'm pretty sure you already checked ur credit score--if not make sure you do.. those shark will bite you real hard;)

·
Registered
52 Posts

I was told (but did not check out) that a non-refundable deposit for a vehicle was against the law in Ohio. If it comes to that, you might check that out if you need to get your money back.

Higher end 2011 Odysseys are scarce in central Ohio. And I understand the pipeline of Odysseys coming from the factory is low.

Doug

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was told (but did not check out) that a non-refundable deposit for a vehicle was against the law in Ohio. If it comes to that, you might check that out if you need to get your money back.
Thanks. If it comes to that, we'll definitely look into it. (Hopefully it doesn't come to that.)

Higher end 2011 Odysseys are scarce in central Ohio.
You're not kidding! It was a challenge just finding a Touring to see in person.

·
Registered
301 Posts
What is the term for the .9% financing option? Does it go up to 60 months? Usually these low rates are for 36 month financing only.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I signed the papers fo a 2011 EX-L on June 29 with a build date of July 20-29. I completed the credit app and locked in the 0.9 interest rate under the Honda Promise. I asked my salesman about a deposit and he said it wasn't required. I am in Ohio also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I signed the papers fo a 2011 EX-L on June 29 with a build date of July 20-29. I completed the credit app and locked in the 0.9 interest rate under the Honda Promise. I asked my salesman about a deposit and he said it wasn't required. I am in Ohio also.
Interesting. What dealership? I'm dealing with the guys on Sawmill in Dublin and have been happy so far. It looks like we're all set to get our 2011 Touring in early August. I'm all locked in for the 0.9. Since all systems are go, I'm not too concerned about the deposit since it should come off of the balance in the end.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts