Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie to the forum with 2000 LX.

Like many others, I suffered the transmission problem a few months ago, and had to rebuild the transmission with a local shop. However, soon after the rebuilding, the problem came back (delayed 1 to 2 shift occasionally). I brought the car back to the shop, but was told that the transmission was ok, since the shop couldn't see any CEL, and the symptom was barely noticeable.

Since the shop wouldn't do the rebuilding again for me, I'd like to do my best to extend the life of this transmission as much as possible by doing;

(1) Put an auxillary ATF cooler
(2) Put Magnefine inline filter
(3) Clean the solenoid screens and/or replace the solenoid
(4) Drain and refill with Amsoil ATF as many as possible

The problem is, that I am not a mechanical person and that I cannot find a shop willing to do this cooler and Magnefine filter installation. The shop which rebuilt my trans wouldn't. A few other shops I have asked also have no clue about this.

Is there anyone who has done these jobs with a mechanic in DC/Maryland/Baltimore area? I desperately need a good mechanic in my area, and would appreciate your advice!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you don't mind a little drive, the guys at the Myersville Sunoco, RTE17 off of I-70, about 15 minutes west of Frederick, take good care of me. Call and ask for Bob, the service manager. 301-293-2803

1 - 2 of 2 Posts