Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We currently own a 2004 Pilot still in great condition but we are soon expecting our 3rd child. We are trying to decide if it will be worth to trade in for Odyssey when it only has 90,000 miles and is in such good condition. We already installed all 3 car seats to make sure they fit and they do. No problems. Anyone out there make the switch and think it was completely worth all the money?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Honestly, that is a personal choice you just have to make. I will say a van is so much easier to operate and deal with children (particularly in parking lots). Overall easier access to storing stuff and getting small children in and out of seats. Sliding doors are great for this.
Several of my friends picked up vans (even with owning an SUV) because of the ease of use. However, if you like your Pilot and it's in great shape and it's comfortable enough for you and the family, then just stick with it. It's paid for and is functional. If you aren't sure test one out and see how it feels to you. Ask your friends as well. I only had sedans, so for my wife and I it was simple, we had another baby and the sedan only fleet was not cutting it.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I own an Odyssey and a Pilot. Especially with small kids, the Ody wins out, no question. My 2 boys are getting older now, so we use the Pilot quite a bit, however when we have anyone with us, or if we are traveling out of town, the Ody almost always gets that duty. With small children, the sliding doors and lower entry height of the Ody make it much more convenient that the Pilot.

The third row in the Ody is inhabitable by adults, the Pilot is really only suitable for small children. Plus, there is virtually no storage area behind the 3rd row in the Pilot. In addition, our Ody gets slightly better mileage than the Pilot.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Had a Pilot... Oddy is superior in every category, handles better, far more room, a 3rd row that is actually usable by adults, highway gas mileage is far better in my case, except it doesn't have all wheel drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts