Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Sadly, my beloved 07 Ody was in a minor accident last weekend where the front passenger side corner was damaged. (bumper, fender, headlight).

The damage doesn't look too bad, but oddly enough I noted a strange behavior before dropping it off at the shop. After the accident the lights on the car stopped "blinking" when I locked/unlocked the car.

I've taken it to the body shop to get everything fixed, and I mentioned to them that I wanted that fixed as well.

The thing that confuses me is that they just called to ask that I drop off the other keys to the car, as they now need to take the keys to the honda dealer to get reprogrammed.

this seems really odd to me, is there any reason that doing this body work would require that the keys be reprogrammed?

Perhaps is it because to do work on the car they had to disengage the battery to disable the alarm and thus it lost the codes?

But then, how would they even start the car to get it to the honda dealer to get reprogrammed?

Perhaps I'm just being to paranoid -- just don't want them to be doing some diabolical plan to steal the codes so they can get into my car later and steal it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Paranoid? They probably did something to reser the codes. When programed all keys have to be programmed. The problem with the lights not flashing was probably the hood switch got misaligned. It prevents the security system from being set.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Does it honk after you lock the car twice?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Does it honk after you lock the car twice?..If not the Wiles is right!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does honk after pressing twice, but the lights no longer blink. This was what I asked them to fix.

But to fix it they said they needed to reprogram the keys, which I found odd.

I get the car back tomorrow so we'll see if they fixed it.

Still don't quite understand why they'd need to reprog the keys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts